Thursday, May 17, 2012

Virginia Hiking Trip Day 2

So we woke up the next morning and it woz raining off and on.  Ugh.  But that did not stop us.  Nope, as soon as there woz a break in the rain, we woz off and hiking.  And we only had to drive like 87 seconds to get to the hiking trails becoz they woz in the same park as our cabin - pawsome!
We started on the Buck Run Trail.
We got ofur to the lake and it started raining again.  We waited unner the tree a bit.  There woz peeples out on the pier unner the roof trying to catch fish.
Whoa, a dog could fall in the lake here.
Have your pawrents open a bottle of Pine Sol and take a big sniff (them, not you, BLECH) and that be wot it smelled like here.
So I is standing here on the Osprey Point Trail looking out ofur the lake when all of a sudden, OMD, I seened a real live reality movie star in the fur!  Or in the feather...
It be Mr. Osprey from the Smith Mountain Lake Osprey Nest Cam presentation of "Keeping up with the Ospreys!"
You can watch these famous stars too right from you pooters on the innerwebs!  There will be little baby reality movie stars soon.


Video streaming by Ustream


Now, we don't want the little babies to be growing up with their street, the Osprey Point Trail, all yucked up by litterbugs so me and mom cleaned up fur them.  (The rest of the park had no litter, only this trail so lots of it mite has washed up from the lake but it be gone now.)
We carried the litter in my poo bag (with no poo in it) and stopped at the litter depository on the way back to our cabin.
We seened this snazzy sign on our hike, too, and I has to tell you, my V-E-T do always be amazed at how strong my heart be at 11 years old.  It do be from all this hiking, fur sure!  So go to your park and get healthy!
Then you can go back to your cabin fur a healthy snack...
... and a nap.  Stay tooned fur Day 3 ....

15 comments:

  1. That pawsome hiking makes your heart strong too? That iz grate. Thanks you fur making teh park cleaned up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pawsome hiking makes your heart strong too? That iz grate. Thanks you fur making teh park cleaned up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had anudder great day! Sorry it rained though. Hope you got lots of nice sun fur the rest of your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawnee ... Girrrrrrl you look Beautiful in your lovely bandana! I have been very much bizzy fur days and have not seen any blogs. I couldn't miss all of your trip to FURginia though. THIS place looks Fangtastic.
    I hope you can get a chance to get into Sarge's Nickname thingy... there are some Super Prize Pressies. It ends on Friday though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great day! How did your mom find a place that let you stay in the cabin? Mommy is always told "no dogs" or "no big dogs".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shawnee, mum and dad are totally GREEN WITH JELLY, cause they would love to be with you on your hiking holiday! It looks wonderful. Big hugs to you and your mum for picking up the litter too. Can't wait for the next episode. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look very comfy snoozin' on the porch while your mom reads! What a fantastic trip so far!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, I am glad you are back and can report on your hike. I just read over your first day and now your second day. I can't wait to see the rest of your 87 mile hiking. My Vickie is releived that you are getting to rest up each night in a cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We need to have you and your mom come and plan a trip for us! We are loving your cabin!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need to have you and your mom come and plan a trip for us! We are loving your cabin!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure could use some advices on avin a strong heart my pal but I fink mine might be too weak for hikin at this stage. I shall settle for readin all about your adventures and growin strong in my heart wiv luv....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad YOU got to see Mr. Osprey because mom is upset that the video feed has been out all week. I think they wanted some privacy for the eggs to hatch. Mom says the people at the park are pulling their hair out over the problem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shot of the Reality Osprey :) That was a nice switch up fur ya Shawnee to have this trail only 87 seconds from your cool cabin instead of 87 hours ;)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the snazzy sign! I'm surprised you founded so much litter on that trail. I've heard you talk before about how clean the Virginia Parks Peoples keep that place!

    ReplyDelete