Monday, February 2, 2015

And Then There Was One

It do be with greatest sadness that I hads to say good-bye to my sis, Sydney.
That Arthur Itis had gotted Sydney bad and none of the miracle cures that be kicking my Arthur Itis be werking fur Sydney.  She could not take Rimadyl or stuffs like that because it would make her leak bloods on her insides.  So she was alreddy hasing problems getting around and the gabapentin and tramadol was not helping much.  One night a couple weeks ago she woke mom up scratching on the floor.  Mom found her between her bed and mom's bed trying to stand up and she could not.  The next morning she was better and could stand and walk but mom had to carry her up and down the deck steps fur a day but then she could do the steps again.  Well, a week ago it happened again in the middle of the night but Sydney's pee went wild while she was scratching trying to stand up and she puked up all of her dinner.  She had to wear diapers and would not eat any more foodables, not even chickun baby food and nobuddy turns their snooter up at that, but Sydney did.  Mom hads to carry her efurrywhere.  We got her through the weekend and furst thing last Monday morning mom carried Sydney to the hikemobile and I has not seened her since.  Sydney's 10th gotcha day would has been 3/30/15 and she was about 5-6 years old when mom sprunged her out of the creepy shelter where I commed from.  Here be her story from when she be a foster dog if'n you is interested.

I has nefur been an only dog EFUR so when mom leaves me alone at home I stand in the middle of the room and woof and howl in sadness.  We hasn't had any B&B guests but we has one coming this weekend so I will not be all alone then.  Mom sayed she would adopt me anudder dog but hasing two old geezer dogs has drained the green papers so she can't do it right now.  Mebbe after our St. Louis trip in the spring mom mite foster.  She be thinking about it.  So in the meantime, she be trying to keeps me bizzy so I is not sad.
Mom taked me on a day trip hiking in Deli-Ware.  I not be missing Sydney here coz she nefur could hike with us.  She did not like hiking.  At all.  Weird, I knows.

Then there be this contesty and mom entered ME!
And she scored some new kinds of treats fur me!
Fur me?!?!?!?
Do you beleef she would not let me nom it all at one time?  She putted them away fur later.  Boo.
Yesterday mom taked me on anudder day trip to a wildlife refuge and that be Atlantic City ahind me there.
So I will bees OK with just me and mom.  It just be taking some getting used to.  Now if'n she would just stop being so annoying with the hugging and smooching all the time.  Sigh.
Sydney and Dixie, together again at the Bridge.

26 comments:

  1. Pawing respect and condolences Shawnee, soft husky wooooooos,

    NukNuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawnee, our hearts are very sad for your and your mom, but we is also happy that Sydney can now run free with Dixie without having to worry about arthuritis. I do think those hikes are good for you and your mom and that another doggie that is perfect for you will come along when the time is right. Hugs and licks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so sad to hear this news. George is sending ducky hugs and the kitties send purrs. ~The Typist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shawnee this is so very sad, my heart is breaking for you but I'm sure that Sydney and Dixie and happy, running free, wearing third wings and enjoying together over the rainbow bridge, all my love to you and your Momma at this sad time, I am happy you won free foodables, that is definitely something to smile about! Love and Licks from your furiend Frank XxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shawnee I s so sad for you and your mom, I s only effur been an only dog but it was just awful when Tara cat nefur came back from the VET. Sending you extra special licksandtailwags.
    Finn

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH NO... we are So very VERY sorry to hear this about SYDNEY.
    We offer our condolences to you and your mom.
    We know that she is running FREE and FAST and Pain FREE now.

    We were thinking about YOU and your mom just Yesterday... when we turned the calendar... We though WOW in about 87 days or so... we will get to meet SHAWNEE in the FURS...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shawnee, I'm so very sorry about Sydney. I'm sure you miss her so very much. Please know that we are all thinking about you and your mom and sending lots love and support across the miles.

    I bet Sydney, Dixie and our Pip are somewhere enjoying a burger and a nice nap in a beautiful field right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RIP, foster sister Sydney. *Hugs* to you and mom, Shawnee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shawanee sweetie, whew! M had to do a better job of reading. We are so sorry about Sydney, and so happy it is not you. Fly high Sydney and know that we loved you too. We'll for sure miss seeing you on future hikes. Big HUGS for your mom and Mario Smooches for you Shawanee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abbey Road in Furginia sends her bestest dog thoughts to you and your mom, Shawnee. Put up with her hugs and kisses. Abbey has to do that too. She's an only dog and she's okay with being alone sometimes. It's the best nap takin' time there is. Congrats on the free jerky! Maybe I should look into that for Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Shawnee I'm so very sorry about your dear Sydney. What a gorgeous pooch and at least there is no more pain now. I know you and your Mom are very sad. Sending you warm vibes and lots of hugs and love. Mournful howls to the heavens for your Sydney.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Furiend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy Shawnee. We are so very sorry your Sydney has gone to the Rainbow Bridge butt now she can run and play (but not hike) with her furriends. We send you and your mum gentle hugs and love cause we know how much you must be missing her. We always liked her name cause we thought it made her a little bit Aussie.
    Well done on winning the jerky. Take care mates. We are thinking of you. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear that Shawnee. Yoda and his brothers and sisters are sending you and your mom kisses with extra hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Shawnee, I'm so sorry. I know Sydney is not in pain any more, but I know you and your mom are sad and missing her. Sending lots of love and kitty kisses to help you get through the sads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shawnee, I am so sad to read this. Of course, it's a blessing that Sydney is no longer in pain and your mom took wonderful care of her. You and your mom and Dixie gave Sydney a great life. She always looked so happy and sweet in her pictures. I'm glad you and your mom have hikes to distract you from your sadness. I'm also glad you won those treats. Let your mom hug on you. It helps her (and maybe you too a little).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry. Your Mommy gave Sydney that last wonderful gift of being pain free and young again. But that doesn't lessen the pain of loss. Keep all the good memories safe in your heart.

    Run young and free again, Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Shawnee - I wuz sorry to hear about yur sisfur, Sydney. Even though she is happy and pain free ofer the Rainbow Bridge, I know you and yur Mom miss her a lot. Give yur Mom licks and wags when she gives you hugs and smooches; it is good fur both of you.
    Lexi da Shih Tzu

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry to hear about Sydney. When I clicked the link to read her story, I just can't believe what that poor baby had been through. I'm so glad she had such a loving home with you and your Mom. I know she and Dixie are together now and watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no! Shawnee, I am so sorry to hear the news about Sydney. I know that she was a very special part of your family and that you must really miss her. I'm also sorry to hear that you're so sad on your own. We are sure thinking about you, and I have my paws crossed that we might run into you when you make your big trip in the Spring!


    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  20. RIP, Sydney. I hope you and Mom can get a new foster friend soon, S. It will take away a little sadness and will be a nice tribute to honor the love that Sydney taught you. Meanwhile, the extra cuddles are like medicine to heal.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Shawnee, we are so very sorry to hear about Sydney - we have a lot of the same trouble with Phantom, but not quite as bad yet. Soft woos and gentle hugs to you and your Mom - Sydney was a sweet pup.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ello for yoo Shawnee my dear pal....I haz klect Sidernee at da Bridge and we do be runnin free now my pal.....she kno yoo do be sads to leev her but she do arsk me to say she is free of panes and wurries now and do be wotchin yoo an mum...*soft paw*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Shawnee and Shawnee's mom! I'm very sorry to hear about Sydney. I hope you get a foster sibling soon and maybe he or she will like to hike with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are so very sorry to hear about Sydney, paws of comfort to you and your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so very sorry to hear about Sydney. A foster pup sounds like a good idea, and in the meantime, lots of hiking.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  26. We are so very sorry for the loss of your Sydney. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you ♥

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.