Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Last of the Fall Foliage

I has not gotted around to posting last week's hike pictures so better late than nefur.  And, if you be missing your fall foliage or did not has any, this will gibs you a final fall foliage fix.
We went hiking in the Palisades with seeniks of Noo York City and the Hudson River.
The be the George Washington Bridge ofur there but we be getting much closer soonly.
Did you efur feel like somebuddy be watching you?
This be a fence tunnel what takes you ofur the bizzy road into the Fort Lee of Chris Christie Shame.
Oh noes, no can do on the paws.  Steps be bad enuff but this be too owie so we hads to turn back.
We went down steep old rawk steps instead but mom hads to hold my handle coz I wanted to go too fast and be falling on my snooter.
Getting closer to the Hudson River.
Through a tunnel of doom.
Chickun jerky break time!
Here I is at the George Washington Bridge what takes cars into Noo York City.
That Geico Gecko be efurrywhere.
Then we hads to climb back up to the top to gets back to the hikemobile.
My legs has been kinds stiff and mom say I be doing a Frankenstein walk so we decided to do some Ack!-You-Puncture!  I went fur my furst treatment the udder day.  I was a little weirded out by the V-E-T making me look like a Poke-You-Pine but then I got comfy and went to sleep.  The hads to wake me up to take the needles out.  The V-E-T sayed I might be sore for a few days then I might feel better but I was nefur sore.  I feeled better the furry next day.  The V-E-T thinks this might help me coz when she feeled my bones and joints and muscles and stuff she say I be all stiff and crunchy.  I goes again next week and mebbe I can gets you some pictures!

13 comments:

Anna the GSD said...

What pretty leafs! And dude with the horns was quite impressive! But he better hide better than that this time of year!

Yes, I do have a little bro, Panzer. He had an accident, and he do be doing better, but he going to ack-Y-punk-ture too next week.

Merlin Wylt said...

Another great hike. those steps don't look any fun to me either!

Annie Bear said...

Hi Shawnee! Beautiful fall hike you took!

Those steps looked horribly painful. I'm glad you had an alternative. The Hudson looks so pretty. It's amazing how close you were to it and the city skyline.

I'm so glad the Ack!-You-Puncture! helps. Also, honestly, I forgot you still have a kitty. I'm not sure why. Nugget is such a cutie.

Amber DaWeenie said...

That was some exciting walk you had...well except FUR those owie steps! Love the colors...we don't see fall colors here in Florida!

cupcakepetrillo said...

Oh, S. You always give Mom and me a giggle. I'm glad your mom held your handle so you didn't fly down the rock steps too fast. Your pictures are gorgeous, as usual. You look strong and brave. Your needle treatments sound like a great idea. And once again you proved how brave you are and how smart your mom is.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Such beautiful photos of your walkie!
I am so glad the needles helped you.. We wish I could try some.. but I am too wild.
Your jerkey treat looked soo yummy!
love
tweedles

Cupcake said...

These pictures are so beautiful. Shawnee, your mom is so great to do everything she can for you so that you are feeling great. I'm so glad the acupuncture helps!

rottrover said...

You is a bootiful spokes model for autumn colors, Shawnee!

Ruby and Otto

Pumpkinpuddy said...

As soon as Mom saw the fence tunnel, she knew exactly where you were. Mom made that hike back when she was a youngster. She's pretty old, so you can imagine how long ago it was. Kind of surprising that the fence tunnel hasn't changed in all the years.

Eileen Bluett said...

Another lovely autumn hike, Shawnee. So pleased the Ack you puncture made you feel better.
Rogan
http://roganthegsd.blogspot.co.uk

Susan said...

Oh Shawnee, thanks fur the bee-yoo-tee-full pikshurs of the the lovely foliage. Mom and I luffed them!
Glad the needles helped yoo - do take a pikshur next time so we can see Poke-You-Pine Shawnee :-)
Wugs, Lexi da Shih Tzu

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sorry to be so late getting here, Shawnee, but the Momster was away. We need her human paws to type for us. That was a fun hike. Mom says she does not like driving over that George Washington Bridge at all, but it sure is beautiful from your angle.

Hope the acupuncture helps you a LOT.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Prudence said...

Looks like you had a wonderful hike Shawnee! Isn't NJ beautiful? We love it here too!