Monday, July 11, 2016

My Gotcha Day


Someday you all is going to run out of claws to count my Gotcha Days on but it do still be countable - 15, count them FIFTEEN years since I was sprung from the slammer in Newark, NJ as a tiny, skeered pupper.  I do be celebrating tonight by visiting the eyeball dogtor coz I is hasing a problem with one of my eyeballs.  Well, you knows, us old geezers, the pawts start to fall apawt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE TO SUSAN (Lexi da Shih Tzu):
We are so very sorry to hear of the passing of Lexi.  No doubt she is smiling down from the bridge thankful for the awsome life you gave her.

Daniela and Shawnee

14 comments:

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

That is a huge accomplishment and you are rockin being 15 !

How Sam Sees It said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Shawnee! We hope you have a marvelous day and your eye issues turn out to be nothing. ...and that your trip to the vet includes a stop at McD's for Gotcha Day refreshments.

Monty, Harlow and Ramble

Cathy & Max Dog said...

Happy Gotcha Day Shawnee! I love reading about your adventures! Such a beautiful pup you are and blessed with an awesome Mom.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Hope you got 15 cookies to celebrate!

Annie Bear said...

Happy 15th Gotcha Day, Shawnee! I sure hope all goes well with your vet appointment for your eyes! I you get some good treats after that appointment!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

A great big Happy Gotcha Day to you, Shawnee!!!! Fifteen is pawesome!!! Good luck at the eye doctor.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Yoda_the_Dog said...

Happy Gotcha Day Shawnee!

The Daily Pip said...

Happy, Happy Gotcha Day, my dear friend!

Amber DaWeenie said...

Hap-Pee Yap-Pee Gotcha Day! (Send some cake in my direction, please!) :)

Teagan said...

Woof! Happy Gotcha Day!! Wowzer, 15 is such a big number! I is only 8 and hope I get to be twice that at least coz then I'd have to be sensible. I reckon its the hiking that does it... keeps you young and fit, even if odd bits like eyes do start going a bit wonky. Hope the vet can make it better :)

Cupcake said...

Happy Gotcha Day! 15!! Your mom has taken such great care of you.

Susan said...

Thank you Shawnee and Daniela for your wishes. Although I know she lead the life of a pampered princess
and now she's bouncing around over the bridge, my heart is heavy and I miss her everyday.
Susan

Susan said...

Oh - I forgot to say "Happy Gotcha Day" Shawnee! July 11 is a special day, indeed. It is also my son's (and Lexi da Shih Tzu's brudder) birthday!
Susan and Lexi From the Bridge

marley said...

Appy bee-layted Gotcha Day my deer pal....