Thursday, March 9, 2017

Sweet Sixteen

Hey furriends!  I cannot beleef it has been so long since I posted.  Takes a super duper old geezer like me furefur to get ofur to Blogville sometimes.  Anyways, because we thinks my birthday is about this time of year (I is not telling anybuddy when it really is coz that way the celebrations last longer) we did my Sweet Sixteen Birthday Hike last weekend.
Mom got me balloons to bling out my wheels with and baked me a CHICKUN birthday cake with sweet tater and STRING CHEEEZE frosting.  DROOOOOOL.
The boy, the girl and cuzzin Sebastian camed along to celebrate.
We climbed up a mountain the back way on a service road cuz the udder way on the Appalachian Trail be too hard fur me now.  But right at the top, a seenik alreddy.
Then we followed this woods road all the way across the mountain.  It was easy peasy fur my wheels and cushy on my paws.
Here we has reached Mount Minsi where the pawty was happening.
OMD, time fur my CHICKUN birthday cake!  Sebastian about drooled hisself.  I tried to bitey the candles off, BOL.
CHICKUN birthday cake at a seenik.  Do it gets any better than that?
Cuzzin Sebastian was making silly nomming faces, too.  We could not gets enuff of that cake.
Pawty Animal
Then this group of college students commed by and asked what the celebrations be all about and mom told them it be my sixteenth birthday.  They was all treating me like a rawk star, BOL.  They sayed that nuttin on their hike could top meeting me on my sixteenth birthday.  And they gibbed good butt skritches, too.
Then we hads to do our fambly pawtrait.
Look at all the times I has been here afore.
Beverages is being served so cuzzin Sebastian and I bellied up to the water bowl.
Then we stashed my wheels in the bushes and hoofed it ofur to anudder seenik.  It do not be that far away, about 1/4 mile, but it be way too rawky fur my wheels.
Here we is at the seenik.  That be Mount Tammany in Noo Joisey ofur there.  We be standing on Mount Minsi in Pencilvania.
And here I is at the same spot before.
Then I needed the boy to help me back up the rawks.
There be my wheels stashed in the bushes.
And I is rolling again.
It do be a pawfect Sweet Sixteen day.
I hads a new Shawnee Cam on me and I let cuzzin Sebastian try his paw at it so we gots some pictures too.

12 comments:

Cupcake said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWNEE!!! You are just incredible! I'm so glad you have such a loving family. Your hikes are wonderful and I love seeing the pictures you took.

Love, Cupcake

rottrover said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY, SWEET SHAWNEE!! What an incredible day you all had!!

-Otto and Osa

Annie Bear said...

Happy 16th birthday, Shawnee!!!!!!!!!!! This is so awesome! I wish I could have had some of that yummy cake your mom baked. I'll have to bug the lady for some treats so I can celebrate with you. How lucky those college students were to meet you, especially on your birthday. What a perfect day.

You and Sebastian sure took some good pics!

Poodle At Play said...

Wow Shawnee....16! What a special age to be! Happy Birthday to you!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You are definitely a ROCK star, Shawnee. And great big wishes from all of us for your 16th birthday. Phantom would be very happy to know that you joined him in making it to that monumental age. We can't believe that you are still out there hiking like the great trooper you are. Kudos to you Mom for all that wonderful care she gives to you.

Woos - Lightning and Misty

cupcakepetrillo said...

Happy Birthday, S. That looked like the best party ever! You had everything you needed - friends, family, scenicks, balloons, and CHICKEN CAKE! Wow! I've heard 16 is the new 10, so keep rockin' and rollin' buddy.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD OMD OMD ♫ ♫ HAPPY HAPPY SWEET SIXTEENTH BIRFDAY, DEAR SHAWNEE ♫ ♫

oh OH MY... WHAT A GRAND and GLORIOUS celebration of your special day. All the Family... and that WONDERFUL Chickum Cake with String Cheese Frosting. WOW that is the REAL TOPPER to a FABULOUS Time.
We are SOOOOOO glad that you included US in the Festivities .

THANK YOU.... and we Wish you 87 MORE Birfdays.

Millie and Walter said...

A very special Happy Birthday Shawnee!

Amber DaWeenie said...

Wishing you a very Hap-Pee SWEET SIXTEEN to a very sweet boy! :)

Hugs!

Susan said...

Happy Sweet 16 Sweet Shawnee. ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰ You are a wonder dog! And still sharing those beautiful seeniks - than you very much! ⛰
Lexi da Shih Tzu from the Rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ Bridge and Elsa the Golden Retriever Service Dog

Nanรผk said...

Happy birthday my beautiful friend!

Nuk & Family

Eileen Bluett said...

So sorry I missed your special 16th birthday Shawnee, it looks like you had a great day. Sending belated birthday wishes to you,
Rogan