Thursday, June 29, 2017

Wheels Upgrade

Hey furrends!  Well all I can say is that I is to happy I gotted to Furginia when I did because now I would not be able to go any mores.  I is now 16 years and 4 months old and I has outgrowned my ATV wheelchair.  My mom do be thinking back about my old furrend Merlin (he be at the bridge now) and his snazzy no-walkin' sports coop so mom gotted me one!
We did be taking my new sports coop out fur a spin last weekend.  Mom let her backpack be the test driver.
So far so good.
I is still going in my ATV wheels but it not be so easy peasy for me any mores.
You OK in there, backpack?
OMD OMD OMD SQUEEEEEE!  A puppy bear crossed afore us.
OMD OMD OMD YIKES! Momma bear cross ofur and ahind her two more puppy bears.  That arrow be pointing at momma bear butt.
Then momma bear and a baby bear commed back out to the trail and momma bear sayed "You be gettin' those ATV wheels and sports coop away from my puppy bears!"  We is supposed to back away from bears but I cannot back up in my wheelchair and mom be driving the sports coop so we all got us turned around and the momma bear accepted that as a sign of our retreat.  Whew.
On the way back to the hikemobile, mom put me in the sports coop.
She had a couple of plans fur my ATV wheels.  This be one of them.
This be Plan B.
Because of the bear fambly, we hads to pack it up and move to anudder trail head.  My sports coop do fold up and the wheels pops off so it be fitting in the hikemobile.
At the udder trail head I went back in my ATV wheels fur a bit.
So when I got tired in the ATV wheels, we stashed them in the weeds off the trail...
... and mom put a sign so nobuddy be thinking somedog lost their ATV and we went on because we was coming back the same way to picks the ATV wheels up.
My sports coop do be furry cool fur hasing beverages on break.
Also fur skritches ...
... and chicken jerkey
See, we picks up my ATV wheels on our way back.

9 comments:

  1. Shawnee, you're so dear to us. You are amazing. Your mom is so cool to get this sports coop for you! You two have the best adventures.

    p.s. We are so glad nothing happened with Mama Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your mom is so cool to get you a sports coop! That is so perfect for you. I love that your mom left a sign on your ATV wheels. Great bear pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawnee, that is just amazing!!! You are so lucky to have the Mom you have to be so good to you and make it possible for you to go hiking even at 16+ years. We are thrilled for you.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Dear Sweet Shawnee. I am so happy to say howdy again. You know, I just love your wagon. I can only hope to get to the wonderful age of 16 and my mum might get me one. I can only hope! I'm glad you are still hiking with your mum. Say howdy to her from me and mum. See ya mate. No worries, and love, Stella x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yowza Shawnee! Sweet ride! So glad that you're able to enjoy all the sites and smells of the trails! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawnee, you are stylin' like a boss in that stroller cart! That thing is genius! You and your mom are the best hikers ever!

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! You saw bears?? I think sister would have been loud and barked at them for sure. Good think wooos made a clean escape, much love mate,

    NukNuk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ello my pal...we was finkin of yoo today coz we dussnt get much chance to reed da blogs and we dussnt see yoon twitter....we iz glad yoo is still hikin and furry impressed wiv da weels an coop. Sendin yoo all ower best....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful life you gave her. This is long but something in one of my books that may mean something on this painful day. LB Johnson, dog Mom to Abby T. Lab “When I was 18, and lost my lifelong companion, Sally - with me since birth, a small black and white cocker mix, my best and sometimes only friend, my soul-mate. She loved me, I believe, more perfectly than I could ever have loved her in my inexperience. When she was 18 she died and I grieved and I cried and I still get tears in my eyes when I think of that sweet little soul who gave me so much. So, no, you never get over it, I do not know anyone who has loved a dog and has said goodbye that gets over it. The pain? As you know,it eases, it becomes sweet memory with time, you still get tears in your eyes, but the smiles and laughter at the remembered fun and antics of your 4-legged Pal returns to you.

    My mother is part Iroquois, and although a lifelong Catholic, carried with her some of the mythology handed down in her family. She knew my grief was raw and painful and that only time would help heal the wound in my heart. She said to me ‘Sally walks with you, and with time, she will allow you to feel her there beside you. During the first time of grief, you are blind to her, and that is as it should be, so she will know she is no longer in This World, but now walks in the Spirit World. When you are ready, she will help ease your pain by showing you memories and helping you laugh again when you are ready to see that she is not lost to you, but always remains a part of you. Your tears will then be tears of joy at your good fortune at having known such a one."

    ReplyDelete