Monday, February 11, 2013

Hiking in Delaware

So you know that Nemo commed through here dropping all kinds of snows on us.
OMD, Nemo, wot did you do to my deck and my yard?!?!?!?
Sydney and me, we dropped lots of snow inside the house so mom would go out and shovel us a snow-free spot.
So we checked on the innerwebs and oh doggie, we seened that Nemo did not go to Deli-ware and we had a park in Deli-ware we was saving fur just such an occassion.
See!  Just 2 hours south of here in the hikemobile and ...  Not. One. Single. Snow. Flek.
The trail went all around a big pond and it woz quite loverly.
I stood furry quietly while mom got a picture of an Eastern Bluebird and ...
... a red Cardinal!
A rascally raccoon walked on this bridge right before me but I did not see him.  Just his wet paw prints.
So on the park map it showed a connection to a new trail along a canal but it sayed it was not done yet.  So again we consultated with the innerwebs and the innerwebs told us the new trail woz supposed to be done in February 2013 - that be NOW!  So we went to snooter it out.
This do be where the connection should be - on the udder side of the road.  No connection.  But did that stop us?
We crossed the road, climbed up a steep hill and found ....
... TA DA!  The new trail.  But hey, it do not be finished yet!  It be all full of bulldozer tracks and mud and stuffs.
So we found us some unofficial trails in the woods and hiked those.  That was much more fun times than the muddy not finished trail.
Back ofur at the park I seened this wot made me think of my furrend, Merlin, coz he do the trail challenges in the parks where he lives!
Then back around the pond to finish our hike but right before the pawking lot, wot did I see?
A dog park INSIDE the park?!?!?!?  Mom and me, we do not like dog parks and do not go coz it just be a place with a fence around it with too many dogs then there is fights and I get all skeered and stuffs but I wanted to check this out coz we woz walking right by it.
I woz so surprised!  There be NO FENCE, you can just take your peep off the walking string and run around.  There is trails and efurrything.  It be a corner of the park just fur dogs!  Pawsome.  And here comes my furst new furrend!
"Hi, my name is Shawnee and I is turning 12 years old."  "Hi, my name is Piper and I is 7 years old."  "Let's be furrends!"  "OK"
Piper lives one mile from here and she brings her dad here all the time.  He do be one lucky dad!
Me and Piper then made furrends with this white dog.  I cannot remember his name but he is a pitty/AmStaff mix and he was so furry nice.
We played and had fun times while our peeps just did YAK YAK YAK YAK.
Running like the wind after hiking almost 10 miles.  Not bad fur an old girl turning 12, heh?
Then I had to go meet Moose.  He was practicing fetch in the pond.  That's a labbie fur ya.
Then there was a shepherd wot reminded me of my furrend Anna but it was not her.  I met Anna in the furs so I would know her if'n I seened her again.
Then it woz time to leave and MORE new furrends coming in but mom say it be time to go or the hikemobile would be getting stuck in traffic on the way home if'n we waited any longer.  Well, it was fun times fur sure but I woz reddy fur a long, long nap.
Pee Ess - Yoda, ask your mom if'n she rememmers this.  It to be where I met her in the fur.  We drived right by on the way home.

15 comments:

  1. Deli wear looks furry much like South Central PAWSlyvania...

    How khool woo got to meet so many furiends!

    Hugz&Khysses
    Khyra The Sulking Snowless Siberian

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT a fabulous idea!! A dog park in a people park!! and all open and stuffs?!? And all bootiful and stuffs! You and your mom were furry smart to drive out of the snows!

    Bart, Ruby and New Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got some muddy icicles and water on your belly. That's a sign of a successful hike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great spot. We're not the cold weather types.... but it sure is beautiful.

    Have a great day.

    hugs, Bugsy and Knuckles

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD we are sooo glad that you did not get TOTALLY buried. THAT makes us very happy.
    You are lucky to have gotten to have such a FINE time on your SNOWLESS hike... so nice that you got to hike with furends..


    THANKS fur the grrrrreat comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty place! How great for those dogs and their parents to be able to go all the time! That is an awesome dog park! (Peeps love to yak, don't they?) It's so amazing how you had all that snow at your place (it looks so pretty), yet Deli-ware was snow free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawnee,

    Meetin' new furiends on a hike must be one of your most favorite things to do! We did not gets lots of snow from Nemo like you did. :(

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great hike! That dog park part would have scared me tho. Thanks for the shout out bty. I wonder how that challenge works... Wasn't the water cold?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is one fantastic hike! Those people in Delaware know how to treat a dog, I tell you. That's where I like to go visit the beach! Having a dog park there is just the frosting on the cake, if you ask me. And your human didn't fall on her back and try to take you with her!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Although, I'd be worried about an unfenced dog park? Are there busy roads to worry about?

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you are furry lucky to haz such a nice pawk near you my pal....of course, we haz lots of free roamin on small parks in da UK so we is often seeing otter doggies when we is out...but we do not haz your bootiful long hikes....

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a very pawsome park, Shawnee! I kept eyeing all that water though, especially that mud puddle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely dog park and a great hike, we enjoyed seeing the pictures. And it is always nice to make new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shawnee.

    Woo don't miss a step being of an older age and all. You got moves like Jagger. Hee hee.
    Thanks for stopping by the other day. I do have a new coat. Momma liked the cloud chaser but b/c she got it at the REI garage sale dirt cheap, it isn't exactly my size and has to pin it back so I can pee. So I gots me a new fleece, the climate changer and it is don't shoot me ORANGE. I love it and momma calls me ORANGE crush. Hee hee. We are amazed at the eagle family u saw and then more birdies. They always fly away when I'm around. Hey Momma saw the dogvacay thing on your page and is checking out a family for me. She's a bit unsure b/c I looks furry cute but I can be a bit overwhelming with my exercise and nutty needs. We'll see.
    LOVE Norwood

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool park! No, that wasn't me. I've been MIA lately. Boo on mom. Little people critters are a lot of work...I've been busy slobbering....err...raising the Bald Puppy!

    ReplyDelete