Monday, May 20, 2013

Hiking the Matterhorn ...

... and the West Rim of the Grand Canyon.  Fur real.  I is not pulling your leash.  You just wait and see fur youself.
See, I do woof no lies.  We be getting to the Matterhorn later.
So Tucker has gone back home and I do miss him but it do be nice just to be hiking with me and mom again.  The B&B be empty this weekend so we made a looooooong road trip.  It taked us almost 4 hours in the hikemobile to get there.
There be pritty forests with pritty creeks.
This do be the trail register wot we has to sign coz it lets the park peeples know their trails is being used by us hikers.
Did mom do a fine job of signing us in or wot?  I snoopervised.
It do be going steeper up the mountain here with the creek way down there.
OMD, an old dy-no-mite shack in the woods!
We is finally at the top and I sniff a seenik coming up.
Ta da!  This do be the Grand Canyon of Pencilvania.  That pointy mountain ofur yonder, that be the Pencilvania Matterhorn and we be climbing that way later.
Moving on to the next seenik.
I has to get my paws wet in the creek first.
Ahhh, here we is at the next seenik taking a break.

It would not be a break at a seenik without some chickun jerky, DROOL!
And some DOGwood.
Come along, mom, we do need to find some falling waters now.
No falling waters yet but a pawsome fur wetting hole.
I do see some falling waters down there ...
We needs to climb down.
Ta da!
A little while later we found more falling waters!
I is going to park myselfs here while mom goes ofur to the edge and makes you all a movie of the falling waters.
That do be the Pencilvania Matterhorn (Gillespie Point) ofur there and we could has hiked ofur there furst before going back to our car.  But we had alreddy hiked 9 miles and coz I do be 12 years old now, mom thought I should has some lunch and a break furst so we went back to the car.
Nom, nom, nom, nom.  That nanner be fur mom, not me, BLECH.
Then mom got out her pillows and parked herself in MY back seat to nap with ME.  At furst I thought it be kind of weird but OK, we can werk with this.  So me and mom powah napped fur a bit.
So then mom got back in the front seat where she do belong so she can drive the hikemobile and she drived us ofur to that Pencilvania Matterhorn and we climbed up.
And up.  And up.  And up.
Almost at the top.
Wah lah!  That ahind me do be where we hiked the West Rim earlier.
Totally pawsome break spot. 
Then we hads to go down off the mountain ...
... and back to the hikemobile to drive all the way home.

15 comments:

  1. Hawoooo! 1st comment!! BOL BOL!! We need to hike more in the forest, all pops takes me on is boring hikes in the country...what fun is that?? Play bows SHawnee,

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's quite a day, especially being four hours away! It is so beautiful there. Love your mom's pictures. I miss how green PA is year around just about and all the trees. Great sneeiks! Your totally pawsome break spot is totally pawsome! I bet the hikemobile was a sweet sight at the end of your day.

    p.s. Thanks for your note about Simba. Yes, your mom would go broke feeding you all baby food! Simba does love baby food and luckily, he's now eating regular food regularly. The kid needs to gain some weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shawnee!
    Wow, what beautiful hikes and scenics here in PA! The dancing water videos are really pretty and the sound is so very relaxing. I would want to nap right there beside them. Thanks for letting me see those pretty views, and your hikemobile Ru looks great! :)
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD SHAWNEE this is one of your BESTEST hikes EVER... Rawks and Falling waters and OH that video... and the Grand Canyon of Pencil Vane E Ah pic is GORGEOUS... it reminds me of the view from a little ways down SARGE's Mountain... where we can see the Allegheny river at the bottom.

    PeeS.. YES... this has Winders 8... and it is kinda GRRRRRRR fur SURE. the WORST pawt is that there isn't even OFFICE on it... I gotta BUY that seperate DOUBLE Grrrrr.
    OMD we just ♥ this post, Shawnee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shawnee - We jus' luved reading yur hike co-men-tury and yur Mom is such a good pikshur taker! Those falling waters wer loverly; are you shur you were at the Grand Canyon and not Yosemiddy BOL! My Mom sez she duzn't like to powah nap with me cuz I do the Shih Tzu snore!
    Wugs, Lexi da Shih Tzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I wishes I was there. Looks like a wonderful hike. I was wondering do you let people visit your B&B or just doggies cause I would love to bring my Mom to your place for a vacation. I would even let Tuiren and Daddy come to. ~Fenris

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your Mom do have some very interesting hikes, Shawnee. Do you two ever get lost? That would scare our Mom. The waterfalls were so beautiful, bet it would be very relaxing to take a nap with that noise in the background.

    Where are you going next? We will be back to find out.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy Shawnee, oh my gosh, we just love your hikes. The photos make us feel like we are there with you. We wanted to ask if you had ever gotten lost and then found your way again or do you always follow the red marked trails? Take care mates. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh, I am so glad you didn't go in that shed! It looked like something out of a scary movie! This sure does look like a beautiful place. I bet that water was COLD!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHEW...hang on...I got...gotta...caaatch...my bre..breff. Dang dat was a long hike but you is so athleticals anyways so I knews it would b a piece of cake furs you.
    Dat little shed would be nice to pees in cuz then you would has all da privacies you needs. Back in da olden days they used to do dat, well da hoomans anyways.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your Mom are the best hikers in the whole world! That's 'cause you find the neatest places to go and there's always a watering spot. That's top on MY list, in case you don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huzzah! You is bak my pal...is good to see you and mom doin hikin agane...we haz missed it....as you kno I dussnt be much for climbin stuff but i am very I'm-paw-ressed by yore climin the matterhorn

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shawnee and mom , thanks fur visiting us even tho we been missing a long time it seems. We love you and going with you on your hikes. Beautiful and the videos spectacular!!!
    Wags
    Ernie and the pack

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've not had a computer thingy for a while so we've missed you and your great hikes, but wow what a hike to catch up with you on.
    Keep on hiking
    Finn

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.