Monday, June 23, 2014

Don't Keep Me In Stitches

We hads a bizzy, bizzy day today!
I was off to the V-E-T to get my stitches OUT!  WOO HOO!  Sydney, she come along coz we both has appointments with the chiropractor after.
I used to do this in the old Mazda hikemobile but in the 1 1/2 years we has had my Zoobaru, I had nefur co-piloted like this but today I did and I whimpered fur mom to DRIVE FASTER.  I want these stitches OUT!
It also made mom happy I did this coz she sayed it be like old time but KNOCK OFF THE WHIMPERING.  Boo.
Common V-E-T.  Hurry!
More waiting ...
DONE!
We hads an hour to kill afore our chiropractor appointments so went to this place.

Furst a drink of cool water mom bringed fur us.
See, in the olden days the peeps what lived here had collies and the collies, they is all buried here.  Lots and lots of collies  This be Lad's grave.
It do say LAD ~ THOROUGHBRED IN BODY AND SOUL ~ 1902 - 1918.  OMD, he be an old geezer!
That be the peeps and their collies ofur there in the olden days.
We gots to walk around the grounds.  They like dogs to come here to visit and it be a small place so that be good fur Sydney coz she cannot do walkies furry much now.
Here do be anudder grave.
Lots of graves!  All of those long rawks be markers fur collie graves.
See that frog statue?  That be fur a frog what lived in a pond here for 20 years!
Hey mom, so not funny!  Let us out of the kennel!
We went to the gazebo at the lake and had some more cool water.
Then we rested in the cool breezes.
I watched some cormorants ofur in the lake.
Look how close that bird got to me!  I is the bird whisperer, BOL.
Sydney hasing a good time.
OMD, a Great Blue Heron by our car!
Then we be off to Mike's Feed Farm fur our chiropractor appointments.
My stitches is all gone, my V-E-T sayed all looks good, watch out werld, I is baaaaaaack and be hitting the trails again soon!

11 comments:

  1. What a nice day fur you and Sydney. I bet it was kinda neat visiting all those collies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just such great news. I'm so glad you're doing so well. Plus, looks like you and Sydney had a really fun time at that park. They seem to really like animals with even having a statue of a 20-year-old frog. That is so cool.

    I hope you and your mom can do a hike very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT was a WONDERFUL day fur YOU and SYDNEY to have together... and we love how you co-piloted fur your mom.
    The stitches are OUT and that DO BE GRRRReat... AND THE NICE TREATMENT FUR Sydney must have felt super good.

    YEP a grrrrrreat day fur SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very happy to hear that you are doing so well! That place you visited sounds like a lot of fun, too. I've been to a lot of cemeteries with Mom, but never one that was for dogs!


    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shawnee - Yay fur no more stitches! It wuz nice of you to share such a good time with yur Sisfur; Sydney wuz lookin' so happy!
    We saw 2 Snowy Egrets and a Heron the udder day at our lake. Oh and a Mama and Papa Osprey, and the Red Tailed Hawk Fambly. I get good views frum my stroller BOL.
    Glad to hear yur feeling better and look forward to hikin' stories soon :-)
    Lexi da Shih Tzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun little day for you all. The vet is never too fun unless it is something like getting stitches OUT versus IN! Also, strolls are always the nicest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, a Collie cemetery? Cool! We supposedly have some sort of Coon-dog cemetery down here in Alabama that's a big deal or something. Maybe I need to visit it!

    Glad to hear your stitches went well! Ain't nothing gonna keep you down girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad your stitches are out. I loved seeing you and Sydney out and having such a great day.
    You did a wonderful job co-piloting, although I thought you had a ZooBARKu!

    Love, Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for stitches coming out!!! Even bigger YAY for hiking again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well dun my pal…..good to see ds Sidernee out an abowt too..all da best to yoo Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  11. *gentle hugs* glad da stitches are out and you look so happy, shawnie! *hughughug* - zackrabbit

    ReplyDelete