Monday, June 22, 2015

Catching Up

Oh Doggie, I cannot beleef I has been away from Blogville so long again.  Mom gotted a new job so I has had to run the B&B all my myself and we finally has a break with no B&B guests so I can hop back ofur to Blogville fur a bit to let you all know I is still HERE!

So we has still be hiking coz at my age if'n you do not use it, you lose it.
So weekend afore last we is hiking along and mom turned around to take this picture of me with the stinky flowahs and when she turned back around, this is what we seened...
Coyote puplet triplets!  Me and mom was all SQUEEEEE then we decided we hads better turn around and get the heck outta there afore momma coyote finded us squeeeing ofur her puplets,
I gots attacked by biting flies but mom had some stuffs she has been want to try and furriends, I has to tell you this stuff rilly werks!
Mom spritzed my head, the biting flies be all gone and I reeks of lemon meringue pie.
So this past weekend, since we did not has any B&B guests, me and mom went on a mini road trip to Master-Chew-Sits!  Fun times I tells you.  We did TWO hikes in one day and I hiked 9 miles.  Not bad fur a 14 1/4 year old dog, eh?
First we hiked at a ski place where there be no snows in the summertime but lots of seeniks.
Then we drived to the next hike and had lunch furst.
Mom feeded me with a spoon.  I got all reenergized.
Then we hiked some more.
We taked a break then when we started hiking again, something big and brown flied right ofur our heads.  We thought it be a hawk but no it was not, it was ...
"Hoo Hoo Goes There?"
We hads a pawsome time and I has been sleeping efur since we gots back home.  Resting up fur next weekend.

16 comments:

  1. OMD OMD from the Title we thought you had CAUGHT an actual ↑ UP ↑ butt we are glad that it was a FABULOUS Hike instead... OMD OMD COYOTE PUPLETS and an OWL... in the DAY TIME no less...
    SHAWNEE you get the BESTEST Pictures EFUR to BE... YES!!! You REALLY DO.

    We hope that your mom is LOVING her new Job...

    PeeS..... our DAD is THRILLED to see those PUPLETS and the OWL... he is crazy fur that sorta stuffs... and MOM was all SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe ofur BOTH pictures too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the pics of the baby coyotes and the handsome owl, your Mom should be working for National Geographic. How cute are those little coyotes!!! But you were very wise to vamoose quickly because of Mom. Bet she wasn't far away.

    Phantom loved those Merrick foods too - very tasty.

    Good to see you, Shawnee, amazing that are still hiking that many miles. Keep it up.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. we would of been squuuuueeeeeing to if we saw those coyote pups - they is so cute. What an awesome hike you went on and such a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby coyotes and an owl ALL in the same day?!? Shawnee, you is one lucky gal. I went to the beach yesterday and got all oily and I has been sleeping effur since, too!! FUN TIMES!!

    -Otto (and Ruby, too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOHHHHH puppies! :) Even they're cute when they're little!

    I love it when Mom feeds me with a spoon. Makes me feel sooooo special!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, those little pups are SO CUTE. Too bad you couldn't stop and play with them, but I'm sure mama coyote wouldn't have liked that much! And of course, the owl and all those daisies are beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, those coyote pups look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so great the hiking you're doing, Shawnee, especially at your age! Pawsome! It looks like pretty places that you hiked. Plus, you got fed with a spoon!

    Congrats on your mom's new job. Hope all is going well. The lady wonders if she's still able to work from home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD Shawnee, was I ever glad to see the comment you left on my blog and now this post from you! Mom and I were starting to worry seeing as we hadn't seen your blog updated in quite awhile!

    You also do have the best hikes - and this one is tops! When mom and I go out we NEVER get to see puplets or owls...lucky lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coyote pups and an owl on the same day - how lucky can you get?

    ReplyDelete
  11. No way could any of us hike that far, we would be exhausted.

    Shawnee the coyote pups were so CUTE, thanks for showing them to us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait. What? Those coyote puplets are ridiculous! Cutest puplets ever! You are no slouch in the cute department - getting spoonfed your energy stew. Great update, S. Get some rest...

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shawnee, I'm always so happy to see a post from you. Those coyote pups are SO adorable, although no where near as cute as you are, especially when you are eating from a spoon.

    Love, Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shawnee - We luved reading yur post! We have Coy-yo-tees here in SoCal but I nefer seen one; just hear them singin' at night! Lots of Hoo-hoo-hoo too, but most of the time Mom says it's just Mourning Doves, BOL.
    Glad to see you got yur Mom to spoon feed you; I won't eat any of my food unless Mom spoon feeds me all my meals so I wuz happy to have her see yur pikshur! You're looking rilly good!
    Lexi da Shih Tzu

    ReplyDelete
  15. Iz like yoo be livvin in da jungle or sumfing Shawnee my pal...haz better keep yes peeled fur lie-ons, tie-gers an wot not

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are so happy to hear that you are still having your adventures!


    Bunny

    ReplyDelete