Saturday, July 11, 2015

My Gotcha Day Hike

Check it out furrends, today, yes TODAY be my 14th Gotcha Day!  Yup, back when I was a pupster in the shelter I was all skeered and stuffs but now I hike!  Who would has thunk?

You sees the red squiggly line up top?  That be where my paws hiked.  The red arrow - LAKE SHAWNEE and WEST SHAWNEE TRAIL and EAST SHAWNEE TRAIL!  But they is not hiking kind of trails, they is where peeps live in houses and they named their streets like that.  So we just hiked as close as we could to MY lake and MY trails.
Not Lake Shawnee but close enuff.
Just think, 14 years ago at this furry moment I was curled into a little ball in the corner of the shelter run shaking like a leaf completely unawares that my to-be-mom was on her ways to rescue me.
OK, time fur a celebratory chickun jerky.
And a little rest coz it be getting hawt out.  I has to stay in the shade coz I be taking doxycycline and it do not like sunbeams.  Did I tell yous about the huge FAIL with the Seresto collah?  It be on me fur 2 weeks and mom pulled 40 ticks off of me!  Because we buyed it from Chewy.com they gibbed us our green papers back but mom complained to Bayer coz they be the peeps what makes the piece of junk collah.  So anyways, mom and my V-E-T decided they should gibs me doxycycline in case I got any ickies from those tickies so that be why I be taking it.  I already has Lyme but there be udder ickies what tickies can gibs you and doxycycline puts the bitey on all of that.
Check out this rawk.  It be 87 times bigger than me.
I is furry glad I got gotted :)

19 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Happy gotcha Day, Shawnee!!! We are so happy that your Mom "got" you out of that shelter run!!! We don't think you would ever have known the joy of hiking, chicken jerky, cool water from the brooks, AND a Mom who loves you so much. Hope the doxycycline keeps you safe.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Annie Bear said...

It sure was your lucky day when your mom gotted you 14 years ago, Shawnee, but you mom is lucky too. You sure have come a long way! You were a cute puppy and you're a beautiful lady. I love the pic of you from today. You look so happy!

We hope the doxycycline puts the bitey on all of those ickies from tickies.

Happy Gotcha Day!!

rottrover said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Shawnee!! We is furry glad that you got gotted, too!! Your hike was lovely today, as usual. Thanks for letting us know about that collar. We were curious about it. Guess we'll be sticking with the Frontline stuff. Rest up! We'll see you the next time!!

-Ruby and Otto

Reilly-Denny Cowspotdogs said...

that was the most perfect way to spend your gotcha day

Cupcake said...

Hi Shawnee, I've got it all figured out. Since you were such a cute puppy, (one of the cutest I've ever seen) they said, "We have got to name a lake and a couple trails after this puppy that is so very cute" and that's how you got your own stuff. You weren't even trying to get a lake of your own, it just happened because you are so cute and wonderful! I'm so glad you and your Mom found each other, it's a perfect fit!! Happy Gotcha Day!

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Happy Gotcha Day! We think you picked an awesome family!

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Happy Gotcha Day and what a wonderful hike to celebrate. It was absolutely gorgeous there.

Poodle At Play said...

14th Gotcha day?! That's something super special, Shawnee! What a pretty hike to celebrate!

pumpkinpuddy said...

Happy Gotcha Day my pal. What a pawsome hike.

cupcakepetrillo said...

I'm happy you got gotted, too, S. You are a good match up with your perfect mom. Both of you are wicked brave and adventurous. If I had 40 ticks on me, my mom would die of a heart attack! Happy Gotcha Day! ...and many more. xoxo

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Merlin Wylt said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Shawnee! You and your mama were very lucky to have found each other.

Eileen Bluett said...

Happy gotcha day,sorry it's a bit late.we're so happy that your mom found you and rescued you from the shelter.

Mr. Breeze said...

Happy gotcha day! It is so cool dat you gets to hike out in such beauty.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Happy Gotcha Day Shawnee. Wowza you were a cutie pie when you a little girl. What a wonderful life you've had with your mum. We're glad we met cause we always love "our" hikes with you hehe. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

How Sam Sees It said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Sweet Shawnee!

Monty and Harlow

Nanük said...

Happy Gotcha Day Shawnee!!

NukNuk

Elsie Flynn said...

I am happy, too, that you got gotted. And, happy that your mom has been typing and sharing pictures of your adventures together. Thanks to both of you for the super-cool blogging.

Elsie Flynn said...

I am happy, too, that you got gotted. And, happy that your mom has been typing and sharing pictures of your adventures together. Thanks to both of you for the super-cool blogging.

marley said...

Furry apply if bee-lay-ted Gotcha Day Shawnee my oldest pal...