Monday, September 10, 2012

Cooler Air Hiking

I gib my utmost thanks to my neybors in CANADA fur sending me COOL AIRS and sending the humidities away!  Nefur mind the storm that came in front of it blowed down the fence.
Mom nailed an exercise pen to wot is left standing.  Now we feel like we is in jail.  Ya think they could cut their grass ofur there sumtime?  We do not has any to cut - solves that problem.  That be the neybor's fence, not ours, but I just know my kibble money is going to has to buy a new one coz they take care of nuttin ofur there.  They has a pool that they nefur use, it be falling apawt and there be skeeter orgies going on in it all summer long and we gets eatened alive ofur here.  Hey Puddles, I think we has Stoopids, Jr. next to me.

Anyways, off my kibble box and on with the hike.  We had no guests at the B&B this weekend so we could go farther away.  We went to the most bootiful place in Pencilvania with lots of waters.
Follow me and I show you.
OK, so on my hikes I has seened old rusty cars, a rusty old bulldozer, old boats with holes in them and now a rusty old snowmobile?
HOLD YOUR LEASHES!  Wot has my snooter detected here?
Furrends, scratch your monitors with your paws and take a sniff - heaven, I tell you! (I camooflodged it so your peeps would not hork up all ofur your keyboards - you know they is silly that way.)
I turned my head to the side and in one fluid motion went in for the slide when....
Reenactment of my mom - she screamed rilly lowd!  Bummer, a missed apawtoonity fur free perfooming.
So off to Deep Lake.
Pritty, no?
I gots me a piece of chickun jerky coz mom was hasing a guilt trip about screaming at me, BOL.
So I come around the bend here and this little snek got so skeered he could not get hisself turned around, got hisself all knotted up and woz flopping around all ofur the place.  Mom is like, OMD, the poor little snek.  He finally got hisself unknotted and let mom take a picture.
The uncoordinated snek.
Here I is at Wolf Swamp but it do look like a lake to me.
See, it be a lake.
Check out the picture of the moon we got from Wolf Swamp.  All togedder now, ARRRROOOOOOOOO!
Then we is hiking along and me and mom jumped high in the air when we thought a tree be falling down on us but it turns out we spooked a herd of grouse.  Yup, it be a herd, I tell you, like 87 of them.  One stayed behind in the tree to spy on us.
Mom was all SQUEEEEE, of course.
Here be some seeniks.
Seeniks from atop the Pocono Plateau.
Chickun jerky break at the seeniks.
A hawk fevver.  Oh, and I has my Shawnee Cam back coz there be no B&B guests to spy on this weekend so I had mom put it on me when we was away from the lakes.  I show you some of my pics now...
OK, so then I met up with some labbies!
My new labbie furrends.
They hiked with me and showed me their sekrit creek with falling waters. Pawsome!
I shared my last piece of chickun jerky with my new furrends.  Nice of me, don't you think?

14 comments:

Sam said...

We love your re-enactments! Mom's not fond of the leftovers we like to shnooter!

Sam

Max the Quilt Cat said...

What a wonderful hike that was. Thanks for all the great pictures of you and the beautiful water and seeniks....

Have a great day.

hugs,

Max, Bugsy and Knuckles

houndstooth said...

What a fantastic hike! It had everything, with the bonus of a screaming mom. BOL! Too bad you didn't get to roll in the smelly stuff.

Your neighbors might be related to ours. Ours are called The Village Idiots. Their house is for sale, but we can't imagine who will want it.

Bunny

P. S. Mom went in the store for duct tape, but they didn't have any, so she got clear packing tape! No worries, flip flop season is over here (or else she'd have bought new flip flops intsead)!

3 doxies said...

Them neighbors has just gots to be related to my neighbors. Does your has beer cans and stuffs in da yard too?
Why hoomans gets so bent outts shape when it comes to rollin' in stuffs? They has no idea what they be missin'. You should tells your mom to try it sometime...oh and I do believes I heard her scream...hehehe.

ra husky said...

Shawnee! How are woo mate?? That's a pretty nice walkie there and so nice of woo to share your chikun jerky! Pops thought your comment about not havin no grass was pretty funny. We don't have too much grass either BOL!!

RA

ra husky said...

Oh yeah, pee es- pops always hollars at Isis when she does that slide thing. I would never...double BOL!!

RA

Amber DaWeenie said...

Anudder great bunch of pix! Sure would like to nose how all dat rusty stuffs get into da woods!

Loves da swamp! Any swamp monsters live dere?

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Oh fur SURE your neighbors MUST be cussins of Puddles' Neighbors...
Did the Snek tie in a BOW??? I would have been Scared of THAT THINGY.
OMD OMD there were 87 +1 Grouse? WOW... I have had those before... tasted like ROOSTER. I'm just sayin.
I am soooooo glad that you met up with the Labs so I could see some falling waters.
THAT was a GRRRREAT HIKE GIRRRRL. I loved it... As ALWAYS.

Merlin Wylt said...

You covered the dead thing so well I couldn't tell what it was! What was it? And your mommy's moon picture is MUCH better than my mommy's. Mommy says that's because she somehow locked her camera on auto focus and she can't find the book to undo it! Humans can sure be dumb sometimes! BOL

Johann The Dog said...

Oooo, cool hike again Shawnee!!! Gracie flushed some Grouse on one of hikes once, oooo the arroooing she did, screaming too, OMD my ears hurt, BOL!

Thanks for stopping by and wishing Gracie well. And for checking out the new hiking site, I think it will be fun when the front page is all filled with dogs hiking, fur sure!

Molly The Wally said...

Great hike and pix Shawnee. Have a terrific Tuesday with lots of sun and fun.
Best wishes Molly

Frank The Tank said...

Hi Shawnee, I'm glad that the humidities went away for you!
I hope that everything is ok with the fence, I'm sorry you have such nasty neighbours!
I love your hikes,
Are you taking a little break from your new job as entertainment co-ordinator as there are no guests at your B&B!
Owwww I WISH that the monitor of my pooter was scratch and sniff because that looks gooey and GOOD! I would have rolled all over it faster than you can say slime! BOL!
Oh such dissapointment in a missed oppertunity for a free fur fragrance!!
I love the photo of you by the Lake, you and the views are just beautiful!!!
Awwww the poor "skeered knotted up Snek" he looks very cute!
Oh Wolf Swamp sounds like a horror movie! I agree shawnee it does look like a lake to me too! The photos of you here are very beautiful! You are so pretty Shawnee!
"ARRRROOOOOOOOO!" indeed, the moon at Wolf Swamp looks so pretty but very scary! Where there any ghostys out? Halloween is coming you know!!
I love your Ladradore Furiends, they look like fun and such a good find with that little falling waters! You have the BEST time!
I'm glad that you like my Hikes, I do have a tone of fun! Love, Licks and Hugs with Tummy Rubs from your furiend Frank xxxxxxx

Busy Buttons said...

I just had a wonderfully-written post...but then blogger ate it. Hrmph.

Anyway, I'm sorry about the fence. You DO look like you're in jail! And the bad neighbors can spy on you now, too. How horrible!

Boris Kitty said...

Good to see sum ShawneeCam pikshurs agin. U always hab such great walkies. N I seed fun wif new buddies too!