Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Hiking

Thank dogness we did our hiking yesterday coz today it be doing this outside today:
Sofi, one of our guests at the B&B is looking at...
... RAIN!
Good thing we got all of the B&B guests out to the potties early afore this rain started falling!  But now that it be a lazy, rainy howliday here at the B&B and efurrybuddy be napping, I can spend some time on bloggies!

So yesterday me and mom did our hiking.
We hiked on a rail trail where trains used to go in the olden days but now peeples can walk or ride their bikes on it.  This be easy flat hiking coz we did not want to leave our B&B guests home alone too long.  We had to walkies unner the highway that we drived here on.
OMD, wot do it be down yonder on the trail?
Again, they did not move coz of me, I just watched quietly.  But when mom got all SQUEEEE...
... the deers got all creeped out and left.  (They so think my mom do be nuts.)
Same think happened with these burds.  Mom needs to learn to be quiet like me.
At the end of the pretty fancy schmancy trail, we had to go through this part of the old rail bed to get to the next trail.  This do be wot it looks like afore they take all the railroad ties away and make a trail out of it.
The next trail do be more rugged but pritty.
It do go by a nice creek.
I gots to get my furs wet.
At the end of the trail I found the olden day train station still there!  Then we had to turn around and go back the same way to where we started.

And look wot I seened on the way back:
See, I sit furry quietly and mom is all yak, yak, yak...
Then one final fur wetting just before getting in the car so I could be cool on the drive home.  The hikemobile likes that I bring her some water.

14 comments:

Molly The Wally said...

Great hike there Shawnee. Have a great Monday.
Best wishes Molly

rottrover said...

What a beautiful trail, Shawnee! is that near your house? Noo Gerzy is SO different from Calif in such a beautiful way...

-Bart and Ruby

Max the Quilt Cat said...

What a wonderful hike. I do love going on these hikes with you pal. Beautiful.

hugs, max

Merlin Wylt said...

Another great hike. You were very good with the horses. Watch out for them though because I had one that came up and tried to take my "sit quiet while the horses pass" treats once.

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Shawnee,

Your hikes never disappoint us! Guess what?? Our mom is FINALLY gonna go on a hike wif her sister (Auntie L is a 46er). It won't be a hard one but it will be a start, wish mom luck!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

PeeS Don't furget to let us know when you is gonna be any where near us fur anudder hike!

Kari in Vegas said...

What a great hike!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Johann The Dog said...

Oh we love horses, and deer, but we sure don't stay quiet!!!

We hiked one of our toughest hikes a few weeks back to Blood Mountain, wow, that was quite a trip, but oh, so fun!!!

Mum, Gracie and I are starting a new site and hope you'll come visit and post a few of your pawsome trip reports. http://www.hikingdogs.net/ We just made the site, so it's just a start and will hopefully have lots of more great info!

Good to see you're still 'round, round, round, round, I get aroundin' BOL!

Stewey said...

Shawnee - you sure were quiet when those horses came by! I would have been barking up a storm :)
Stewey

Sam said...

You sure are well behaved, Shawnee!

Sam

sagechronicles said...

Those horse-critters are OK by me too, Shawnee. I'm sooooo glad you got to wet your furs a couple of times on your hike. It's so important to our well-being, don't you think?

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Shawnee, even though your hike was an easy one it still looked so pretty. You are so clever to be quiet and not scare the horses. Love the last photo. Take care sweetie. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

marley said...

Great hikin my pal. I has been olidayin last few weeks so I did miss your blog. Sorry. I catchin up now. Woof. Love ya....

Frank The Tank said...

Oh Shawnee, such a wonderful hike you had, your leaves are falling and colourful there just like mine here, its really getting cold and Autumny here! I love that old Railway line walk and especially the old station, those deer made my Mum all squeee too, what's up with that? You always see such nice wildlife and the places you go are always amazing, I wish I lived by you, you have great hikes! Love, Licks and Tummy Rubs from your Furiend Frank xxxxx How is your new job going as host at your doggie B&B?

Houston Pergola said...

awesome dog!the dog swim good... my is afraid of water. I think the hiking seem to be short need to do another one.