Monday, September 8, 2014

Fall Preview

We has had to hike close to home all summer coz of the B&B being so bizzy.  This weekend we had no boarders fur the furst time so we headed to the GUNKS in NOO YORK to bring you some SEENIKS!
We left furry, furry early so we was on the trail as the sun be coming up.
I love being in the woods in the early mornings but where do all the waters be in the creek?  I is hoping I can find you some falling waters on this hike but I think somebuddy turned the water off.
Forging onward in my search fur water.
I found you all some big rawks.
Here we is starting to get a little bit of seeniks.
Taking a seenik break.  This do be a hard hike so I got lots of seenik breaks.
Check out the early fall colorings of the trees up here!
The trail went through a crack a big rawk.  I got through just fine.
Mom got stuck.  I is looking around to be sure there is no witnesses to this embarrassing moment.  Sigh.
I is on my game today!  Mom gibbed me stuffs to keep that Arthur Itis from ruining my good times.
So we climbed down the mountain where I wanted to get you falling waters but this creek be all dried up too.  Just enuff water to wet my furs but sorry furrends, no falling waters today.
Back up anudder mountain and it be time fur a break.  Oh, a new kind of bone?
Wait a minit here.  I bringed it back and plopped it down in front of mom to trade it in fur some chickun jerky.  I ended up getting both, BOL.
Here be the seeniks from our break spot.  This do be the Catskill Mountains and mom say in October we be hiking there again fur our annual Catskills Fall Foliage Hike!
But fur now I has to rest up so I can make it back to our car.  Our hike did be 8.5 miles today on furry rugged trails but I made it.
Mom set the timer on the camera to take our picture at the seenik but we did not make it in time, BOL.

17 comments:

  1. It's so great to see your hikes again, Shawnee! This weekend, Dad's brother got married so no hiking for us, but I have my paws crossed for next weekend since it will be ideal conditions! I'm so glad to see that you left that Arthur fellow behind!


    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walkies and swimming and jerky and naps in the sun, doesn't get much better than that buddy BOL!!

    NukNuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa pal - those are some seriously beautiful pictures you posted today., What a great hike that must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GORGEOUS hike, Shawnee! So glad you and mom got to go find some scenics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a fab hike Shawnee. I wish we could all come and stay in your B&B and go out hiking with you but you're a bit too far away.
    BOL we don't even try the timer thing, we'd never all get to be in the right place when it went off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fab hike Shawnee. I wish we could all come and stay in your B&B and go out hiking with you but you're a bit too far away.
    BOL we don't even try the timer thing, we'd never all get to be in the right place when it went off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shawnee!
    Wow, what gorgeous seeniks today! That sunbeam pix is beautiful and you look so happy in your pool of water. Gee, you even got a new treat! PERFECT. :)
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Pol Comm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shawnee!
    What a wonderful hike, the early fall colours are just beautiful, some great scenery, you have the most amazing hikes, with yummy jerky and a little swimming, just a perfect day,I hope to see more of you, you have been so very busy with your bed and breakfast looking after all those dog furiends of yours! Love and Licks from your furiend Frank XxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've been saying it seems fall colors are coming early. Your pictures look like it's just about fall. What a beautiful day you had. That's such a sweet picture of you at the bottom. I'm glad you're doing so well. MOL on the photo timer shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shawnee, we are so glad your game was on today because we love going on your hikes with you. We hope Mr. Arthur- itis treats you well.

    We think we would take chicken jerky anyday over that bone.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Fall colors already?!?! Maybe they will leak on down in a few weeks so our hikes can be all fally, but even if they're not, they'll still be fun.

    That is the most awesome photo of you and mom. I is also impressed that her legs have color and aren't too skeery white. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are looking good, Shawnee! Such a beautiful hike - we'd love to be able to walk there.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shawnee - It was great to hear about yur hike and to see the bee-yoo-ti-fall sneeniks. Hope to see sum more hikes as thr pritty fall colors appear. Here in SoCal we don't get that and we sure miss it! We'll have to go along wif yoo on yur hikes!
    Wugs, Lexi da Shih Tzu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Howdy Shawnee, your hike looked wonderful and mum wishes she was there with you cause she says it looks peaceful and relaxing. We loved the cracked rock and the views were amazing. One day mum and dad would love to come on one of your hikes. One day. See ya mate. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fall colors, fun hiking, cooling off in the water, how Kool is that. We enjoy following along on your hikes. We love it and it would be more fun going with. .. thanks for stop ping to visit.
    Ernie and the furkids

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another amazing hike, Shawnee! We found some falling waters on our last hike. I'm so glad you found some water to wet your furs in, even if it wasn't falling. We sure need it, don't we??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bootiful hikes Shawnee my pal....shure do be nice where you ams livin....

    ReplyDelete