Monday, September 22, 2014

Hiking with a Fugitive

Well almost!  I is sure you all has heard about this skeery dude:
Well, we knowed this happened in Northeast Pencilvania but we wasn't paying attention to exactly where.  When mom turned the television on last Friday night and we heard "Blooming Grove, Pencilvania" when the news peeps was talking about this, me and mom sayed "Whoa there, say what?!?!?!"  Then they sayed they be huntin' fur this skeery dude around Canadensis, PA so we looked that up to see how close it be to where we was going to be hiking on Sunday.
Like 3 miles away - YIKES!
 I mean on one hike recently me and mom was taking a break off the trail and a man came crashing through the woods towards us and I did snarly face and showed him my teefs.  I nefur do that when we see udder hikers on the trail but this dude creeped me out and I skeered him off.  But this one in Pencilvania, he has big guns and I don't think my snarly face be enuff pawtection.  So we hads to come up with a new hike.
So we finds us anudder hike about lots farther away.
No creepy skeery dudes here.
Just a skeery bridge and I wanted to go through the water but the banks was too steep so I had to jump up on the skeery bridge.  Mom made me :(
Fall colors in the pipeline cat.
Fur wetting!
We seened lots of bear poo and coyote poo but no bears or coyotes.
Getting ready to cross ofur.  Mom had to put her water walking shoes on coz she could not jump over without going SPLAT!
But I gots chickun jerkey while mom was putting her hiking shoes back on.
You can takes your time if'n I can has more chicken jerkey.
No skeery dudes, no bears, no coyotes.
Rawk art - kinda creepy.  But mebbe I can find some pee mail on it.  No, no pee mail.
Here I is at a seenik.
Fall in the Poke-a-Nose.
Back to our car safe and sound.
They still has not catched that skeery dude.  But I hear they has some of my kin out there tracking him and they be getting closer.

17 comments:

  1. We have been hearing that they are looking fur the Skeery guy... all over the Poke a Nose... We are glad that you went farther away from where the THINK he might be though...
    We would NOT want him close to our furend...
    OMD I once found Bears Poops... in Sarge's yard... it smells SUPER, doesn't it? We have been hearing our coyotes... butt never have found their poops in our yard... WHEW
    OMD Shawnee... your trees are WAY ahead of OURS... They are so pretty... THANKS fur showing us what is coming.
    Love the picture of you cooling your paws in the cool mountain stream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are safe and sound. Love the fall colors!!

    Love, Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy I'm glad you and your mom went hiking away from the scary guy. Mommy doesn't want you or your mom to go to the bridge any time soon. (Although it is very nice here with perfect hiking weather all the time and no scary bridges or stairs, unless you like scary bridges and stairs.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gots to be very careful out there in da woods all alone with skeery dudes running round.....

    You means to tell me dat bears and coyotes don't carry poop bags???? Da nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so glad you steered away from that bad guy, even though we bet you and your sniffer probably could help find him. We hope they find him soon - very scary stuff.

    That jerky sure looks yummy, Shawnee.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawnee, you has a furry smart mom. We're glad to hear that ALL the creepos don't live in California.

    -Bart, Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure know how to have an adventure! I always love reading about your hikes. I have a feeling they'll catch that scary guy soon!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that's a bit sketchy, even though I know you could have totally taken him out by putting the bitey on him, I'm glad you stayed away. And excuse me while I'm all WHAT THE CRAP about a hike where a man ran at you! Did I miss this!?!? Thank god for Shawnee Protekshion System!

    Your Plan B hike looked very nice! We hope to get in some good hikes on vacay, and really want to make it up to see your ponies! I'll tell them you said hi. I but that little baby pony is a bit bigger now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Shawnee!
    Wow, that is one sick and twisted up peep! Grrrrrr to him and we all hope the law gets him asap. Otherwise, what a great hike! OMD you got to see bear poop. That's always exciting and a nice swimmie too. Great!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Pol Comm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are safe. We’ve heard about him on the news. Hiking pics are funny cos all’s I see is yer butt. MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad that skeery dude is nowhere near us here in PA and keep hoping to hear that the's been caught. You are such a good protector, but I hate to think of some guy crashing through the woods towards you guys.

    These are some great pics with fall colors already!

    MOL how you knew which creatures the poops belonged to!

    Purrs,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shawnee - Wow, we wur on da edge of our seats readin' dis post. I used to lib in Pencilvainya and we be watchin' da news and hope dat skeery guy gets da bitey on him soon!
    We just lub reading about yur Fall hikes; we miss da seeniks and pritty colors.
    Wugs, Lexi da Shih Tzu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yowzie, Shawnee. That was (almost) too close for comfort. I'm glad you found a new place to hike. AND, it was spectacular! Mom liked the changing trees and me? You in that water, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's furry furry twisted -

    And if he DARES hurts the snoooofer dogs on his trail, I say we khlaw him -

    Stay safe!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  15. For yeers I waz been followed by a skeery dude on all I walks Shawnee my pal...got ktwite annoying til sum fur explain to me dat he be da dude I liv wiv and prodoose da noms...

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are sure you kin will catch him in no time!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are sure you kin will catch him in no time!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.