Tuesday, September 12, 2017

My First Hikes

Thank you all so much for making me feel so very welcome in Blogville.  I think I am going to like it here.

To kick off the hiking part of my new career (the other part of my career is B&B innkeeper-in-training) I had a weekend full of hikes,

I am off on my first adventure but I am not quite sure what that means yet.  Hopefully it is not back to the shelter.
It does not look like the shelter and the sniffs are certainly not those of the shelter.
So much snootering to do there.
I think this might be one of the "seeniks" I have heard about.
♥ I LOVE this ♥
I am at one with the woods.
Real man dogs drink of out pink cups.
Say what?  Snacks come with this hiking experience?
They say I look just like Shawnee in this picture.
Does Rocky like hiking?
Yip Yip Hurray!

We hiked 2.6 miles and I thought that was a lot but mom said something about working up to 10+ miles.

So back on the trail on Sunday and I did 4.6 miles with no problem!
I saw my first deer but I did not freak out or anything, I just watched.  Am I supposed to freak out?
Rocky - just like my name!
My mom has a collection of balloons she finds in the woods.  It used to make her mad to find them but now that she collects them she is all like "OMG!  Look!  A balloon!"  Embarrassing, I know, but I think I'll keep her anyway.  Just don't let your peeps let their balloons go, OK?  It freaks my mom out.
A nice break spot where I got more chicken jerky.
Look how nice I am walking on the leash.  I need a reminder not to pull because sometimes I forget but it doesn't happen very often.
Fun times on my first weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Rocky it sure looks like you had a super fun time hiking with your mom. Thanks for sharing your scenic views with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come teach Zorro how to walk so nice on a leash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky, you did a great job on your first hike. Shawnee must be so very proud of you. Isn't that chicken jerky marvelous?

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Rocky-just like my name" LOL, that is so cute. My dear Rocky, this is only the beginning. You will have so many wonderful hikes and I get to hear all about them, lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did GREAT on your first hikes, R. You really did look like Shawnee in the chicken jerky picture, and the scenic picture too. Shawnee is an awesome roll model for you!

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy there is a new furry friend in the household. Shawnee is dearly missed but your Mom has too much love to not share. My Mom loves the name of your blog. She graduated high school in 76 and remembers TRHPS so well. Welcome to Blogville.
    Abby T. Lab (a rescue black dog mix) in Chicago

    ReplyDelete