Friday, October 24, 2014

Two Hikes in Three Days

I is a little behind and needs to tells you about hiking almost 7 miles TWICE in THREE days!  The old gurl still gots it!  I had been bizzy bizzy bizzy planning my upcoming ROAD TRIP and I gibs you a teaser - I has been in cahoots with that Frankie Furter and Ernie.  Watch out werld!  OK, now on with my hikes.

So we went to that Hairy Man (Harriman) State Park in Noo York last Furiday fur some leaf peeping and fur wetting.
From where we parked the hikemobile we hads to walk by some horses and they all wanted to meet ME.  But I acted all cool and stuffs coz that's how I roll.
Heading to the woods.
Check out that fall foliage!  Pawsome!
Here we is at a seenik and that rawk be called The Egg coz it do look like an egg from far away.  You can see the seeniks better from atop The Egg but I cannot climb that steep so we did not go up.
But this flat rawk at the lake, I was so there!
Chickun jerky break, of course.
Bootiful day in the woods.
Fur wetting waters!
And at the end, a lookalike cuzzin!  Could we pass fur twins or what?
So then on Sunday, yes, two days later, anudder hike!
We went on the Military Road in the Deli-Wear Water Gap - this road be 250 years old, older than mom!
We found little bits of color but in these pawts, most of the leaves already commed down coz of rain and wind and stuffs.
We went down to the Deli-Wear River and I got through this fallened tree just fine but mom not so much.  She had to put her boot covers on because she did not want to gets her feets wet and there be no udder way to get around this than through the waters.  Fur me, wetting my paws do be a good thing.  Mom should try it sometime.
This be ruins from an old fort from the 1700's.
Chicken jerky time!
We hads to be furry careful along here.  Some peeps coming from the oppawsite direction told us their dog had chased a small bear up a tree up ahead.  So not cool, dood!  We did not want momma bear to think I did this (I would NEFUR do such a thing) so mom got out her air horn if'n a momma bear be luring nearby to skeer her away but we nefur seened any bears.  Just bear poo.
So we is planning one more hike this weekend before the big ROAD TRIP.  Stay tooned!

9 comments:

Smile With Your Tail said...

Woah ,the colours are magical!

Glad you never saw any bears in the end

Slobbers

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH Shawnee.... we HATE to tell you this ... BUTT we never DID get Bright Fall colors like The Ones you have HERE...
Ours mustly turned sort of yellow then brown and are now falling off...

BUTT we DO Be thankin you fur showing us THESE... to make up fur OUR lack of color...

Susan said...

Hi Shawnee - Thank Dogness we can see the pritty Fall Fo-ly-edge with yur leaf peepin' hikes! Mostly green leaves to peep here.
Lexi da Shih Tzu

sagechronicles said...

Super hike, Shawnee! Mom loves that old timey stuff you sometimes see on your hikes. I can't wait to hear about your big adventure coming up!!

Poodle At Play said...

Beautiful hikes, Shawnee! Can't wait to hear more about this road trip, too! Betcha it's going to be lots of fun!

How Sam Sees It said...

Two hikes in three days! Our pups are jealous!

I bet that look-a-like wanted to go hiking with you.

Monty and Harlow

cupcakepetrillo said...

What a couple of fur-wetting, chicken jerky hikes! Wow! That looks like fun. I usually "hike" around my apartment complex or the park. Mom is not a good adventurer.

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Anna the GSD said...

You sure is busy getting ready for your trip! And a bear? Eeek! That do be one of mom's biggest fears, coming up on a bear. Maybe I needs to get her an air horn.

marley said...

Yoo haz better fall cullers than us too Shawnee my pal....can yoo send a bag of leevs over purrleeze?