Friday, October 10, 2014

The Annual Fall Catskill Hike - Hike #1

Here it be furrends, coz I knows yous has been waiting with bacon breath fur it - my ANNUAL FALL CATSKILL HIKE!  WOOWOOWOOWOOWOO!  But it gets even better - you gets two, yes two seenik hikes fur the price of one!  I did TWO hikes yesterday fur a total of 9 miles and I is bopping around here like a youngster today while Mom is all like "Oooo, owie, ouch, yow..." efurry time she gets up out of her chair.  Pawthetic, I tells you.  So grab a snack and a bowl of water and gets comfy coz here we go...
From where we parked the hikemobile we hads to walk up the road a bit to the trail head up ahead.
This little guy wanted to race me, BOL.
Here I is at the trail head.
We has to sign in at the register up ahead in case we gets lost or sumpin so they knows where to look fur us.
Now up, up, up we goes.
I cannot bear to see mom a huffin' and a puffin' up the mountain.  She say it be coz she put on too many layers.
I waits patiently while mom does the hiker striptease.  In the middle of the trail.  Embarrassing.
OK, now that mom has her unnerbritches and stuffs off, we can move upward once more.
We commed out on this mountain meadow with some stuffs.  It be some gizmos that the weather talkers use so they know what to talk about the weather.  I say it be furry sunny, dry and pritty up here and I did not need any gizmos fur that.
A little more away and you can see the mountains better.
Here we comes to Snake Pond on the mountain.
I do not sniff any snakes here.
But wowser, look at the seenik I found and the words!  That be the reservoir down below where we parked the hikemobile.
I say Happy Break Time Fur Me.
Then we went on higher up the mountain were there was big rawks and stuffs.
The trees be all nekkid up here already.
Heading back down by the big rawks.
I wanted to stop by that Snake Pond again on the way back down.
Fur anudder break.
And a seenik nap.
Imagine finding a CATerpillar in the CATskills!
One last look at the seenik before finishing Hike #1.
We signed back out at the trail register (see how mom writed "+1 dog?" That be me!).
Back at the hikemobile, mom got our lunch out of the cooler.  I got chickun baby food on my kibble!  DROOL!
We had lunch down by the reservoir.
Now on to Hike #2.  Stay tooned.


9 comments:

  1. That bench should have said...
    Happy TAILS to you...

    OMD Shawnee that was a GRAND Fall Hike.
    WE prefer to see the leaf color when there are just a FEW mixed in with the Green Trees..

    We are so happy that you took us fur this HIKE and SEENIKS... you were RIGHT though..
    NOW we are waiting with BACON Breffs fur PAWT #2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BACON Breffs!! BOL!! Shawnee, your hikes are always so beautifuls! See you soon!!

    -Bart, Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya Shawnee! Looks like quite he hike, I think brekky on the trail looks fabulous! Have a marvelous weekend mates,

    Nuk & Isis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shawne & the Mom,
    Awesome pictures of your big hike. We loved them all! You look great in your orange vest...don't want no hunters mistaking you for some other critter..we would have enjoyed going with you. Since we couldnt, you did an awesome job of tour guiding.
    Wags
    Ernie Chica Lucas Rosie and Louie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Trails to you for sure - that looks like a great place to hike!!! Nice scenics too, our leaves are all still green.

    Hope Hike #2 went well also.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shawnee - Boy yur Fall Hike repawt wuz worth the wait! Yur Mom is a great pikshur taker and you narrate so well! The Fall Fo-ly-edge wuz so pritty and you matched with it.
    It is eggsiting about yur upcoming adventure. I'm sure you will have good stories to repawt.
    Lexi da Shih Tzu

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to hike. You are so lucky our Mommy would never be able to hike that far we would have to drag her along like so much dead weight. And she probably wouldn't even have the energy to verbalize her ouchies the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well dun fur yoo Shawnee my pal...iz good to see yoo hikin wivout panes and draggin mum up da rawks an wotnot

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous adventure! Shawnee, you have it made, and I am so impressed by how well you have your human trained! You sure have some gorgeous scenery in your corner of the world right now.


    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.