Monday, April 20, 2015

Test Hike

I knows, I has been away fur furefur again.  I gots that Old Dog Vestibular thingie again and is not bouncing back so well from it this time.  Mebbe because we had TONS of dogs here at the B&B last week fur spring break, OMD, OMD, OMD, good times was had by all.  Anyways, rememmer that trip I was supposing to take last fall and had to cancel when I gotted that Old Dog Vestibular thingie?  Well, it be rescheduled for the end of THIS WEEK!  WOO HOO.  But furst, mom had to know if'n I could even still hike coz  hads been out of commission fur a whole month again. 
So to put this old girl to the test, I taked the boy and the girl (it be a different girl than afore, BOL) and the girl's pibble, Sebastian, on a hike.  I cried almost all the way there in the hikemobile becoz I was soooooo excited and mom did not drive fast enuff to get there faster.
What was so furry pawsome about this hike was I had my own chickun jerky to share with Sebastian and Sebastian had chickun jerky to share with me so we both got DOUBLE chickun jerky!
Sebastian has nefur hiked like this afore so I had to show him what it be all about.  He did like the chickun jerky breaks lots.
I hads to show Sebastian how to get his paws wet.  He was all like EWWW and I tolds him to be a mandog and gets ofur hisself.
Leading the way ofur a bridge with falling waters.
Time fur anudder chickun jerky break.
Here I is 14 years old and all wonky and wobbly with vestibular syndrome and young punk Sebastian at 6 years old passes out on break.
Here I is on break, all dignified and stuffs, werking on my tan.
Here we all is on that Appalachian Trail.
Showing Sebastian some seeniks.
Well, it was fun times fur sure on this hike!  Mom was furry impressed with how well I did the furst 5.5 miles.  The last 1.5 miles I was furry tired and more wobblier and limpy but after sleeping all night, I is fine today so not only is our trip is ON but the hiking pawt of it be ON, too!  And..... I has been in confurrence with Frankie Furter and Ernie about a surprise meet in the furs!  Stay tooned!

13 comments:

Angel Pip and Ruby said...

Hi Shawnee! My assistant was so happy to read your comment because I know you were a special friend of my angel brother Pip. Oh and I'm pretty sure if the groomer saw my assistant's hack job on my fur they would forbid her from ever going near clippers again.

Next, you are a true inspiration. I hope I'm as active and strong when I'm 14. Nice of you to show Sebastian how to hike ...too bad he couldn't keep up with you. Bol

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Way to go, Shawnee!!! We are so sorry to hear that that old vestibular thing hit you again. But you showed it that you still have it in you to hike and have fun (and have chicken jerky too). Poor old Phantom walked every day right to the end. And he sure did love his chicken jerky:)

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Annie Bear said...

Shawnee, it's really nice to hear from you and see you! I'm so sorry I hear the vestibular is back but happy that you're doing so well! I'm very happy that you get to go on your trip and do your hikes that make you so happy. You sure showed up that whipper-snapper Sebastian!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Looks like you had a great time out there on your hike.

Anna the GSD said...

Pfft...kids now a days. They just can't hang with us old timers (okay, I is only six too, but I'm a girl so tougher than the boy dog). Glad you is out hiking again! Can't wait to see/hear about your trip!!

Cupcake said...

Shawnee, I'm so glad you did well on your hike! I know you were happy to be out there again. Can't wait to hear about your next hike.

imbrite2 said...

I'm so happy you passed the hike test, S. Have a great time on your trip!

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Eileen Bluett said...

Sorry to hear that old vestibular thingy s back but glad you're still hiking. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Those wobbly legs are a bit embarrassing at times but we mustn't let them get the better of us.
Finn

Amber DaWeenie said...

I was worried about you, Shawnee, and I'm glad you's OK. Not glad that you had the wobbles again though.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Sounds like you had fun, we are so glad you did OK. Getting to meet Frankie and Ernie would be pawesome.

Nanük said...

Good job Shawnee! Glad such a good time was had by all. Take care deary,

NukNuk & Family

Susan said...

Hi Shawnee - I wuz happy to read about yur back to hikin' post. Sebastian is lucky to have you as a hikin' teacher.
My Mom just finished reading anudder book about that Apple-Lay-Chee-Yun Trail; she loves reading books about through hikin'!
Have fun on yur road trip; looking forward to yur updates!
Lexi da Shih Tzu

marley said...

Dat is da best nooze to haz Shawnee my old pal...iz grate to see yoo owt on da trales agane