Monday, April 27, 2015

To Grandma's House We Go Part 2

So after a good night's sleep at Tom Bodett's  place, we gots back on the road.
We leaves Oh-Hi-Oh but wees be back soon coz I has a date with that Frankie Furter and Ernie!
Going through Indiananana
And here be that Indiananaopolis
Then it started POURING rain like CRAZEE!
Mom My photographer missed that pawt of the Illinois sign what says "Home of Bunny and Buttons."   Good help be so hard to find.
Hi Bunny!  Hi Buttons! (Pee Ess - Annie and Pierrot, yous did not gets a shout out from me coz I was on I-78 going through Pencilvania and yous would not have heard me coz that be too far away.  We did not gets on the turnpike until Carlisle But I was thinking of yous!)
Still raining.
And we gots stuck in construction like 87 times.  Fur real.
Finally, St. Louis!
At gramma's house...
... where the kitteh was not furry welcoming.
It took the kitteh a little time to warm up to me...
... and gibs me a sniff.  Me, I is holding my brefs, BOL.  Do not mess with the kittehs wielding daggers of death and destructions when you has invaded their turf.  I needs my kitteh furrends to put in a good werd fur me.

10 comments:

marley said...

OMD...da familee ere cannot bleev they was travellin on sum of da same rodes as yoo last summer Shawnee my pal...iz a grate onner fur us

Angel Pip and Ruby said...

That kitty looks pretty tough. I wouldn't mess with her. Oh and I live in IL too but the not the same part as Bunny. Have fun, but not with that kitty. Lol

Sarge said...

Hey Shawnee!
Wow, you made it! Love the pix of the arch. Getting tummy scritches from family is a great reward for a long trip. Can't wait to see more.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Police Commish

Annie Bear said...

You made it safely! Yay! Looks like it wasn't easy with all that construction. Ok, we understand about the no bark-out. :)

About the kitteh, Shawnee is the best doggie ever in the entire world even if we've never met her in person. We can definitely vouch for her. Please don't use your daggers of death on her.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

YEAH you made it to St. Louis... all safe and sound... ONLY to be HISSED ON when you went inside..
We are sure that the kitty will warm up to you soon...
Enjoy your visit there... WE are counting Days and Sleeps until we Meet you on Friday..
PeeS... SO FAR... they are saying SUNNY and near 70 degrees.

Cupcake said...

Shawnee, I bet Grandma was so happy to see you and I just know the kitty will fall in love with you because you are so wonderful!

Busy Buttons said...

I can't believe you missed the "Home of Buttons" part of our sign (especially 'cause you drove me to my Illinois home)!

Glad the kitty is starting to warm up to you.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You were very brave to let that kitty get so close to you. We don't think kitties would do very well in our house:) You are so lucky - you are going to get to meet Frankie and Ernie????? Too bad you didn't continue acrsso I-70 to KC and you could have met us too:)

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

cupcakepetrillo said...

You're wise to be so cautious, S. That kitty looks like it could do some damage. Starting with a hiss, is not a good beginning to the conversation. Stay safe and have fun!

Love and licks,
Cupcake

Eileen Bluett said...

Finn let me write this one Shawnee cos being a kitty I is more qualified to tell that kitty to have a bit of respect for a brave pooch like you.
Smudge