Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shawnee's Bed and Breakfast

So I woz wonnering how long it would take fur anybuddy to notice there woz an eggstra dog in yesterday's Wordless Wednesday picture.  Yes, it woz snowing, sleeting, sliming, and we all wanted inside the door wot has been scratched at by all of us plus several hunnerd fosters ofur the years. I refuse to take all the blame. I gib the door one paw swipey to knock to let mom know I want in.  Dixie duss a full frontal body slam.  Sydney woofs.  It do be amazing that door has holded up all these years.  Now the artwerk on the inside, well, that do be all mine. I also gib one big paw swipey efurry time I want out and that do be like 25 times a day times 10 years... 
So anyways, back to the mystery dog. Lucy the CAT woz the furst one to notice an eggstra dog.  Lucy, wot a sniffer you has fur a kitteh!  Then Cupcake the shepherd did notice too.  So allow me to introduce Max, the beagle:
So we has not been fostering any mores and Max is not a foster, but he do be a boarder. He be staying at Shawnee's Bed and Breakfast while his fambly be skiing in Canada.  Max woz adopted by them a month ago and they love him lots and did not want to put him in a kennel or leave him home all alone with somebody coming to let him out a few times a day so he commed to stay with us.  (This be from when Max woz on Petfinder.com with his story.) He do be loving the attenshuns of us 3 gurls.
Note the boy used the grill fur his chickun and did not put the cover back on afore it snowed.  But he did share some chickun with us, NOM!  I did get way eggsited and almost had a chickun and boy finger sammich, BOL. I kinda furget my bite inhibishun when there be chickun fresh from the grill.

Anyways, you has to wonner if'n Lucy the Cat and Max not be sharing some speshul vibes coz it appears they do both like to lay in the sunbeams and we do akshually has some sunbeams today.

So Max do be hasing a great time here with us. When he furst commed into the howse he woz leaving pee-mail inside to let efurryone know he woz claiming all 3 of us gurls as his own. Hey dude, we belong to no man! Mom putted the kabash on that by screaming rilly lowd and telling him he woz going to get a belly band on if'n he did not take his pee-mail outside.  We duss has belly bands in all sizes from fostering and we know how to use them. He gotted the message lowd and clear and now he has pee-mail all ofur the yard saying "Paws off.  My gurls."  Boys!

19 comments:

  1. Ello for you Max. I am sure you gonna be hazzin a grate time wiv my pal Shawnee and Dixie and Sydney. I do see lots of Beagles on my walks and they is always friendly wiv me. I wish you a appy oliday my pal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pawfect B & B for that rescued boy! He looks furry happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH GEE I thought that shorty was one of your pack members. My bad! I hope he's having a wonderful time at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I'm so embarassed that I didn't notice! I'm on hour 3 of blog post catch ups, so I plead temporary insanity!
    What a nice thing you did to open up your home to this boy. I, too, refuse to leave my kiddos in a kennel to board. I agree with the belly band solution - I love that you have all 3 sizes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max is so cute, looks like he is having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. geeeeeWHIZ... I was not even countin noses and tails in that picture. What was I thinkin???

    I think I would enjoy some time at Shawnee's B. & B. Or is that N & S?? Like Nap & Snack?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawnee, does you have a "honey do" list for your new man Max? Maybe you need some work done around your hidey spot? Just a thought...

    Licks,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even notice...all I noticed was your mom leaving you outside! But now I knows you has a B&B! But watch out for those boys, they do be tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were so worried about you all getting in the house that we never realized you brought somepup home for dinner:) Max must be in doggy heaven with all the pretty girls.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, mystery solved. Remember, kitties are nosy so that's probably why I was the only one to notice Max. Lucky Max having a fun B & B to stay at with three gorgeous gals! We read his story on Petfinder. His family is so lucky to have found him! He's very smart too since he seeks out sunbeams. We didn't have any today, and we had snow this morning (but you got more snow than us).

    Shawnee, I'm so jealous that you got grilled chicken! That finger would have just been some extra meat.

    p.s. Good Morning America had that guilty dog you had a video of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, my detective skills weren't working yesterday. I did not even notice the extra doggie. Welcome Max!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  12. I noticed him yesterday in the picture, but I was embarrassed to say anything because I was afraid I should already know who he was and had missed it somehow! BOL! I wondered if he might be a foster. He is one lucky dog to be sharing a house with three beautiful girls, that's for sure!

    Bunny

    P.S. The man told us the cow had a calf born by the fence that got stuck and died. He went to try to move the calf and the cow would have none of it. When he touched it, she attacked him and stomped on his leg and kept spinning around and around with her hoof on his leg. The dog saw what was happening and ran across the field, distracting the cow who turned and chased him, giving the man time to grab the calf and run to throw it over the fence and dive over. Perhaps you're right to be afraid of cows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well hello Max. So good to meet's you. My brudder's name is Max (DaOdderWeenie) too. But you is more handsome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. he he - well you know, I was kinda wondering where all the doggies came from, but was afraid to say anything for fear we were dreaming. Beagles are so cute, and Max is no exception. My peeps are going on vacation in May, maybe I could come and stay at your bed and breakfast too. It looks like a ton of fun - much better den staying at home all alone with just my sitter coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We THOUGHT there was an extra guest at your B&B BUT we don't always have the bestest of memories and didn't want to say anything in case we missed something or just forgot! We were actually thinking maybe a stray just came visiting and was hoping to sneak in with the rest of you:)

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Max looks very happy with you 3 gurls!!! So nice of you all to let him stay with you at the B & B instead of having to go to the kennel. So much more fun...
    Wags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is pawesome that Max gets to stay with you and have lots of fun with your family, instead of having to go in a kennel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Max has such a sweet, sweet face! Love the pics of him.

    As for Shawnee's B&B, I love the idea. I can personally speak for the great accommodations. I rate Shawnee's house "four paws up!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Max is one lucky boy to get to spend time with you three lovely ladies. I rattle the door knob with my nose when I need to have a walk. It is too subtle for dad so mom has to tell him. Makes her wonder how I ever get his attention when she is at work. I find that a 65 pound dog jumping in your lap usually gets his attention and if not there is always whining.

    ReplyDelete