On with today's hike. It woz a fantabulous hike with lots of seeniks even though we froze our paws off and could not stay and look at the seeniks furry long. We hiked up Bear Mountain in Noo York on that Appalachian Trail.
|The sunbeams make it look warm but it woz WINDY and COLD!|
|I has arrived at the seenik.|
|Those mountains is in Harriman State Park in Noo York and I has hiked up lots of them.|
|Let's go to the udder side of the mountain fur more seeniks. All togedder now... ♫ She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes... ♫ We has to keep up a beat or we get frozened.|
|Here on the udder side be the Hudson River.|
|This be the Perkins Memorial Tower atop Bear Mountain wot you can go up in fur more seeniks but I think we has plenty of seeniks down here. Besides, the towah be closed in the winter|
|I can see Noo York City from Bear Mountain.|
|OK, last seenik, it be windy and cold up here and we is going down now.|
|The Appalachian Trail goes on that bridge ofur the Hudson River. I hiked ofur that bridge in the summertime. It woz not so much fun. I like the Appalachian Trail in the woods better.|
|The Appalachian Trail on Bear Mountain has lots of steps but they be made to look kinda natural so I isn't skeered of them.|
Quick Facts about the new Appalachian Trail section on Bear Mountain
- Since 2006 more than 800 individuals have volunteered over 30,000 hours of service. They have worked alongside professional trail builders recruited from around the country.
- The new section will feature nearly 800 hand-cut steps each weighing around 1,000 pounds.
- Over 15,000 square feet of stone crib wall have been constructed from scratch. This was all done with no mortar.
- The trail is designed to withstand the foot traffic of more than 100,000 hikers a year for the next 100+ years.
- The construction of this 1 mile of trail is the most technically complex along the entire 2,100+ mile long Appalachian Trail.
|It woz not so windy down by this lake so we hiked around it and woz able to stop in a spot of sunbeams fur a drink of water and a chickun jerkey (fur me).|
|We akshully found a HEATED bafroom wot woz OPEN on the udder side of the lake and went in to warm up. Dogs is not allowed, prolly coz they mite catch peeple cooties wot be in there, but there woz nobuddy there and I had to warm my paws.|
So then we woz getting back on the hiking trails when we heared musics. Wot could that be?
So when we got home the boy and the girl woz back from Pencilvania spending Chrissmass with the girl's fambly and they brought back flowahs wot the girl made fur mom.
|I see no resemblance.|