Monday, January 2, 2012

First Day Hike

So fur the furst hike of the New Year we did go to Pencilvania and hiked 11 miles on wild and rustic trails with lots of rawks and creeks and stuffs.  Pawlese note the sunbeams during most of this hike.  It woz a bootiful and WARM day with, and I kwote the wevver peeples, "Just a slight 20% chance of a shower."  Now rememmer this, k?
Ahhhh, soaking my paws in creeks with little waterfalls.
I can just walk rite thru the waters to get to the udder side but then I has to wait fur mom coz she be thinking those logs be kinda slickery and she had to go upstream to find enuff rawks to step on to get ofur.  I crossed back and forth about 87 times afore mom crossed ofur.

OMD, I found that Appalachian Trail again!
We got off that Appalachian Trail to go see a seenik at Eagle's Nest but we had to climb up big rawks to get to the seenik.
Shhhhh, sneks be sleeping unner the rawks fur the winter.  We dussn't want to wake them up.
Here we is at the seenik.  There used to be an eagle nest but it be long gone now.  No eagles today.
Here be the seenik and I is seeing this fur the furst time along with all of you coz the sunbeams be in our eyes and we could see NUTTIN!  So we taked pikshures and hoped we could see the seenik on the pooter when we got home.  (Remmmer now about the bloo skies and sunbeams...)
Then we takes this long, long, ho hum BORING road back to the Appalachian Trail.  (But it had some pritty green efurgreen trees.)
After we got back on that Appalachian Trail fur a bit, we left again to go find the this hiker hotel wot be called the Eagles Nest Shelter but it be on the udder side of the mountain from the Eagles Nest we woz at afore.
Wowser, at this hiker hotel seenik we did not has sunbeams in our eyeballs coz they be ahind us.
On the way back to the Appalachian Trail we stopped at this old log bench fur a break and snack (chickun jerkey - YAY!) but I told mom she mite want to be careful where she sits down.
Then I met some new furrends and their dad woz passing out SALMON treats, NOM!
Then there woz more creeks to get my paws wet in...
..... and more, and then....
How's about 100% chance of DOWNPOUR, wevver peeples?
(Puddles, this be speshul fur you:   ♫ Raindrops keep falling on my head...♫)

Yup, mom had to break out her rain gear and we finished the last cuppull of miles of the hike in the pouring rains.  I dussn't need rain gear coz I drip dry.

Then mom say "Shawnee, what is on your face???"
Biggified.
Yes, furrends, mom did not pull just ONE icky ticky off of me, no she pulled THREE icky tickies off of me in JANUARY!  Has they no shame?  They should be sleeping, or better yet, DEAD.

So on the drive home...
Rain thru the rest of Pencilvania
The sunbeams woz ofur in New Joisey.

21 comments:

3 doxies said...

Oh Shawnee you is wrong furs dat...

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me


Okays nows bouts them ticks...hehehehe...my mum is throwin' up nows...hehehehe. Her be such a pansy. Girl, you knows her don't do bugs.

Puddles

rottrover said...

3 icky tickys??? Poor you. Glad you had enough energies to make it back to the car. You are furry brave, Shawnee! Another beautiful hike. Thanks for takin' us along!

-Bart and Ruby

sagechronicles said...

Yucky ticks-who do they think they are anyway? But I'm glad you got to cross that creek so many times--I think I'd have to lie down in it a bit though. My belly needs cooling a LOT!

Yoda_the_Dog said...

Yukky ticks. We still have fleas left in Furginia now too. That Appalachian Trail do be everywhere!

Val said...

...what a great hike even with the rain and the icky ticks. You are one lucky dog!!

houndstooth said...

How darned cool that you and I were both hiking on the same day! I'm sorry that you got rained on, though. Ours was windy, but no rain. I hope you don't get lots of rain this year because of that! I don't think that's how it works. I'm hoping not, for your sake!

Ticks in January?! That is so wrong! I hope your mom took care of them so they can't put the bite on someone else!

Bunny

Frankie Furter said...

Icky Tickies in JANUARY??? WHAT??? they need to be DED or at least in BED.

CRAZY.. I can't believe they were after you in JANUARY.

Guess WHAT?? We have 1 1/2 inches of SNOW today!! Bet that would do a number on those ROTTEN TICKS.

Sorry you didn't have the bestest hike, butt you DID meet new furends. THAT is Good. RIGHT?
PeeS.. Puddles sings.. OFF KEY..

houndstooth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari in Vegas said...

yucky yucky ticks!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Max the Quilt Cat said...

Wonderful hike... except for the rain part, but you guys are used to that. I love the photos.... really pretty .

pawhugs, Max, Bugsy and Knuckles

Amber DaWeenie said...

Icky Tickys for sure. Not good...nose not good. Da hike was nice though. Cept for the rain!

Mr. Pip said...

Oh no, my mom got a little weepy over that picture of you trotting down the road. It's a lovely picture and made her think of when I was younger up in Wisconsin. I never could walk as far as you, but I did like to explore and walk in the woods.

Your pal, Pip

3 doxies said...

Yeppers...I still be singin' dat little tune and I EVEN went and sang it to Frankie...I just knows he liked it.

Puddles

Lucy the Cat said...

Well, I'm glad you had some sunshine and warmth for part of the day. The seeniks look great!

My ears perked up at those salmon treats!

That's terrible about those ticks!

Merlin Wylt said...

Ticks in January??!! That's just wrong!

Sam said...

We don't get too many ticks here in Arizona - what a great hike!

Sam

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Merryland sent us the rain!

Or at least that is what Mom tells me!

She's glad she had those same kind of pikhs to prove it was all blue and sunny to start the day!

As fur those tikhks: YIKES!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Linda said...

Hubby & I read your blog together and positively loved every word and picture. We've been following you and your Mom's adventures on her blog and now have another blog to follow.

We are officially "Shawnee Groupies". Hugs & wet nose kisses.
Linda & Jim

Stewey said...

Three ickies??? Ruh Roh!
Stewey

road-dog-tales said...

There were some really purty scenicals on that hike Shawnee! Too bad the "raindrops kept falling on your head" partway through. Good thing your fur drip dries! Maybe your Mom should carry that hazmat suit in the car, too! BOL! And BOOOOO to ticks! Good thing you have diplomatic immunity!

The Road Dogs

Tucker said...

Yuck --- ticks! I heard this is one of the worst years in history for ticks in NEw England as the warm weather keeps making them thinks it spring and they comes out. Tick party for three ... no thank you.

woof - Tucker