Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hiking with the Fugitive

Rememmer weekend before last when we hiked in that big park where a bad man be on the loose coz he deaded somebuddy?  We went back to that park again.  There be a little bit of an update - the day after we was there last time a hiker smelled some stink and called the pawlice and they brought in the cadaver dogs but they did not find nuttin.  So I had to go back and do some sniffing of my own.
See, the wanted poster be hanging by this trail, too.
Keeping a watchful shepherd eye out fur trubbulls.
The coast be clear, let's roll.
There was some pritty colors in this park now, lots more than the last time we was here.
But lots of the leaves has fallened off the trees.
Seriously, mom, we is going UP there?!?!?!?!
Good thing mom was too bizzy hoisting me up to take pictures of it.
It do be pritty up here.
See?
Just in time fur us, a brand spanking new bridge.  The old one was nommed up by Irene last year and they just finished building the new one.
OMD!  More straight up rawk climbing.  I is not skeered, I just happen to look skeered.  That be my story and I is sticking to it.
But there do be more seeniks up here.
And I got some chickun jerkey fur not gibbing mom too hard of time about climbing up. I is not saying she had to scruff me and pull me up or nuttin like that.  Well, mebbe on that one little part.
This be so mom know which way to go, like pee mail fur hoomans.
I do see a lake ofur there.
And here be some rawk art that I think Frankie Furter might like.
We camed down off the mountain and there be creeks and stuff.
More pritty leaves.
I be standing in the creek but it be all full of leaves.
I finded an open spot here.
I see lots of rawks and little falling waters...
Now this do feel sooooo good!
My snooter did not detect any bad peeps in the park, deaded or alive.  They do think the bad man could not has survived this long coz he be an old geezer with a bad heart and stuffs and that he either escaped out of the park or he be deaded by now.

17 comments:

  1. Oh Shawnee, your leaves are more beautiful every day. We sure do wish we could have made it out east this year. I am a little worried about you out there with a killer person on the loose, but I know you would smell a bad person from a long ways and protect your human by leading her away.
    Do you guys carry a gun. I know that mayb e a loaded question, but we was just wondering if you are double safe or not.
    We have snow yesterday and today. Yeah. Can't wait to see snow on your hikes.
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. You be awful brave goin to dat park wit dat kook out dere! Nose you can handle things though.

    Pretty fall color pics. I just don't see no colored leaves here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, your mom and you is awfully brave..or kerazy fur hikin' withs a loony man around...hehehe.
    But I gotta say, da leafs was prolly worth it.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have sent Kuster along with you, but he sniffs for live people, not dead ones. I'm glad you didn't run into that creepy guy, though!

    Also, I'm jealous of all the beautiful leaves you have left! We had some stormy weather that blew the leaves off the tops of a lot of the trees here. I hear that we have some hiking in our future, though!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, another great hike in the beautiful fall with beautiful sneeiks. I am very glad you gals were safe from that scary geezer!

    p.s. I really wish I could stay at your B&B!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes I'd be scared out there. Lovely Fall colours. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shawnee,

    As always a beOOtiful hike wif lots of seeniks. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer, the leafs up there are so pretty! At least that's what mom says, I'm more impressed with your sheperdess protektive skills for the bad guy...and the perfect trap you laid out for him of the hidden waters...if he come walking through like "oh, pretty leafs!" then SPLASH!! Into the hidden creek! Take that Mr. Bad Guy..unless he's dead, then that means he'd be a zombie which is very spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, so there might be a zombie murderer out there now? I can't believe you lie down in the water! I HATE lying down in water, but I love swimming. Mommy says I'm the weird one though, not you. hrumph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you're really BRAVE going back to were that murdering guy was.
    Your autumn leaves are much prettier than ours in Wales.
    Finn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe the other hiker smelled a skunk and not a dead old geezer? *snickers*

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite pictures are you on the rocks (you look really brave to me) and the one of you wading in the leaves. That looked cool! Did you hear a hurricane is coming maybe to Furrginia and even you? In October? Mom says our leaves may blow off before they even change colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Howdy Shawnee, we are glad you were safe on your hike. Our mum would be too scared to walk there even with us to protect her. We love all your photos especially the one of you standing in the water covered with leaves. Just glorious. Have a great weekend mates. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sage could have gone and help with the nose work, but she'd probably only find another pot stash....

    And Shawnee, I'm so glad you got to get your tummy furs wet. It does feel good, doesn't it?

    Love the pictures! The fall color is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish we could hike in such gorgeous places! Are you not really cold lying in the creek?!

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shawnee I am glad you did not find the fugitive (dead or alive). Whew. Such a gorgeous hike! Sure hope that bridge they just rebuilt from Irene doesn't get torn out by Sandy. Y'all be safe okay? I'm keepin my eyes on yaz.

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what beautiful places you go too. My people really envy you getting out and about so much in beautiful countryside.

    ReplyDelete