Monday, September 6, 2010

Anipal Photo Hunt #4: MY BED

It do be that time again fur Cokie's Anipal Photo Hunt!  This week's theme do be our beds.  I call my bed my hidey spot.  You see, as a yungun when I woz askeered of efurrything, my crate woz my hidey spot and I loved my crate.  But when I woz 3 years old mom evikshunned me from my crate coz she needed the big crate fur a foster dog wot needed surgery and had to live in the crate with a cast on hims leg for THREE MONTHS!  So, cold turkey, I woz hideyspotless.  I did, howeffur, find a grate substitooshun atween mom's bed on the far side and the winder.  It has it's furry own heat for in the cold winters, ceiling fan to blow the air condishunning around on hawt days, and kewl breezes on my furs thru the winder on nice days.  It dussn't has a rufe but it has me covered on all sides.  It do be furry kewl and I love it there. 
Now the bed itself do be this kind:
Mom keeps a cover on it to make it easier to warsh coz the bed cover duss zipper off fur warshing but the zipper is getting brokened from warshing too many times.  I has had this bed fur many years and it has held up wonnerfully udderwise.  It do be like a real mattress and mom gotted it here.

Oh dear, I did not spell "shepherd" rite on the blog hop thingie and it would not let me go back and fix it. It do be the one werd I duss know how to spell.

12 comments:

Pandafur said...

That duz look like a rill comfy bed an a good hidey spot Shawnee

Mariodacat said...

Now dat's what I calls a BED! I always share my oomans bed at night. Dat's warm & cozy too cuz they are in it!

Lucy the Cat said...

Hideyspotless? That's a terrible situation to be in. This is a great bed and hideyspot. Looks like it's got the best of everything.

Kolo Martin said...

Oh what a comfortable bed I would love one like that and what a nice warm spot to sleep in.

houndstooth said...

Tee hee! I hate those typos that you can't fix! How embarrassing!

We are most impressed by your bed. For a while, after Mom and Dad got their new mattress, they left the old one on the floor for us and it was very happy times! But, it was really big and eventually, Mom said it had to go.

We have a question about your Wolf Pack. Do you add patches to yours after you go to places to hike? We've heard that some dogs do that, but we haven't seen any pictures of it done.

Bunny

sagechronicles said...

That is a really cool bed! I bet is comfy--much better than some ol' floor, huh?
Sage

Cokie the Cat said...

I've never seen a doggy mattress like that! That's awesome. And I love your bedroom. Very nice.

LinkyTools links - the kind that make a Blog Hop work - can't be removed or corrected. That sucks but they're still cool. They also look screwy if you use apostrophes. Ah - who cares!? :)

Cokie

Sebastian said...

That's a great hidey spot, Shawnee! Even bette than a crate, I would say!

Busy Buttons said...

I didn't know you were evicted from your crate! Poor pup. But the hidey spot is pretty cool and you wouldn't have your hidey spot if you weren't evicted...so maybe that worked out just right.

Raven, Thor and Rio said...

Oooo that is a great spot! We told mom we want a hidey sleepy spot!

Max the Quilt Cat said...

I love your hidey bed. It's a great spot for it and you've accounted for all kinds of weather too. Very good pick. Have a great day.

Max

Yoda_the_Dog said...

You know, having a bed all to myself has its merits. Mom and dad are really bed hogs. I will ask them for my own and then I can sleep both places! Your bed looks nice and snuggly there.