Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Treats!

We be gibbing you an early Happy Thanksgibbing woofout coz I be HIKING tomorrow!  Yup, it do be our favorite day to hike coz there be nobuddy else out hiking and we has the trails all to ourselves.  Of course it be a Thanksgibbing hike so stay tuned fur where we go.  And I will be sporting my dorky festive Thanksgibbing bandanana.

So wot about Thanksgibbing dinner you mite ask?  I do gib thanks fur hasing a home and hiking all the time but I ended up with a mom wot be in the 9% of Americans wot duss not nom turkey on Thanksgibbing.  This be the Thanksgibbing dinner:
BLECH!
Butt....  mom did buy US some fur real turkey, yes she did!  And she made us treats out of it.  Now she say it has vegetabulls and froots in it but I is here to tell you furrends, these treats is nommy and NO WAY duss they has vegetabulls and froots.
Wot mom say be in the treats.
So wot I seened her do woz skin the sweet tater and cut it up and boil it on the fire maker with some water then put the sweet tater pieces and water in the blender and smoosh it all up like sweet mashed taters.  Then she added the FUR REAL TURKEY two-legger pup noms and peeled the apple and clawed it into shreds.  Then in anudder bowl she mixed up 2 cups of the whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of the cornmeals.  Then she smooshed that all togedder, rolled it out and made BONES!  Magic, I tell you.  (This recipe woz adapted from the Whole Foods Market.)
Can I try some cookie dough pawlese?
Nope, no sweet taters or apples in there.  This be way nommy.
OMD! I love sweet taters and apples!
Do they has to go in there?  Can't we just has cookie dough?
Then after they did bake fur 35-40 minits at 325 degrees mom leaved the oven door a little open fur ofur an hour to let them cool off.  Sheer torture I tell you!  But finally, good things come to those wot wate:
NOM, NOM, NOM, NOM, NOM....
Happy Thanksgibbing efurryone!

22 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving mates!! Have a fabulous hike tomorrow!

    RA, Isis & nuknuk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all looks bewtyful in your bandananas, Shawnee! Happy Thanksgibbings to you an your fambly. Enjoy yer hike an Iz looking furward to heering abowts it cuz your hikes iz always a grand avenchure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look as yummy as Emily Cookies! Maybe I can get Mommy to make some for me. You sound like you are going to have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dos tweets sure look nommy...{insert licking lips sound}..

    Haves a nice hikey tomorrow and enjoy your tweets!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the bandanas are quite lovely and you should be very happy your mom does not make you all be vegetarians too! I have heard some humans actually do that. Those treats look nommy but my mom is lazy so she will probably just give me the for real turkey. Fine by me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww look how FEASTive you look in your special bandanas..

    Now WILL this Bone Recipe KEEP if it is left out of the Refrigerator???
    It looks DELICIOUS to ME. Butt I am lookin fur a recipe that does not have to be kept COLD to stay SAFE.

    they certainly look DELICIOUS and DROOL Worthy.

    Enjoy your fun HIKE DAY. PICTURES... OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMD...Sydney looks SO excited to be eating that dough! Silly girl with her fruits and veggies.

    Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your hike! I'm thankful for YOU and my wonderful foster family who helped me find my forever and ever and ever family...on Thanksgiving TWO years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawnee,

    Have a safe and wunderful hike tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving my furiends!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    PeeS my veri-word is "eating" !

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - those doggie treats even look good to me. nom nom. Happy Thanksgiving sweetie. We'll look forward to your exciting adventure tomorrow or Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving my hiking bud!!! Hope you have a great day in the outback tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the treats, they look noms!

    Woofs, Johann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh what yummy noms! We usually get the giblets out of the peoples turkey...I don't know what a gibblet is but it's yummy!! Have a great turkey hiking day dear friend!!

    Peess...if you do see a real turkey they is fun to chase!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving hike and be safe. Have one of those noms for us, K?

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great time for a hike and even better way to spend Thanksgiving! I think the treats look awesome and may have to try and bake some. : ) Enjoy your day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can we please come for turkey treats at your place, Shawnee? Those look great.

    Happy hiking and be careful.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :)

    Woofs & hugs! <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy you are lucky to go hiking on Thanksgiving day. You are right too it will be so nice and quiet and the weather should be good to.

    You be careful and don't worry, you don't have to take the 40 feet photo challenge. YOu are right, you guys would never get off the mountain if you did that.

    But still take a lot of pictures for us. OK

    Have Fun

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mouth is watering ...Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your hike. I will be thinking of you while I nap on the couch. BOL!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy thanks gibbin Shawnee. Enjoy your hike. We be doin one tomorow - only a little one cos of my heart tho. Woof

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw. That was very special of your Mom to make all those nommers for yaz! Yay for Mom! :D

    Enjoy your hike today :D

    Happy Thanksgiving you all of you!
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you...

    pawhugs, Max, Bugsy, Knuckles and HH

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Thanksgiving Shawnee and your family. We are getting jealous of all the good food we are reading about and all we have is dry kibble. Come on Christmas. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Late Thanksgiving!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.