Monday, November 7, 2011

The Haunted Hike, Part One

So our Haunted Howloween Hike woz in the Hanging Hills of Hubbard Park in Meriden, Con-Etiquette.  That be the Hanging Hills ahind me in the pikshure above.  And yes, furrends, that do be a haunted castle you see atop the Hanging Hills.  Furst we stopped here in the pawdicured part of the park to get pikshures of the rugged part where we be hiking up above.

Here be wot the haunted Hanging Hills look like from the innerstate when we woz driving in: (spooky)
So while we woz in the pawdicured part of the park, we seened the fattest ducks and gooses efur!
They woz so fat they did not run from me.  Spooky.
OMD, the ducks and geeses has their own island with their own castle!
And take-out catered in fur breakfast.  No wonner they is so fat.
So we hopped back in the car and drived around to the udder side of the park to the House of Target store to meet up with Haley and her mom. 
Haley?  Be that you?
That looks like Haley...
Yup, that be Haley and it be me, Shawnee.
So we left Haley's car there and drived to the trail in my car.  We donned our dorky festive Howloween bandananas.
There be a furry impawtant reason we has the bandanananas on.  You see, the Hanging Hills be haunted by the Black Dog of Hanging Hills wot looks eerily like Haley so we wanted no confuzzlement.
So that be why this hike be haunted and we thought we would only be watching fur the haunted dog coz lots of peeples has falled off the cliffs and made deaded by the haunted dog, but OMD, it be WAY more spookier than that!  You will see...
Let the hiking begin...
Early in the hike we passed a water tower with werds from beyond...
OMD, snow from Snowtober - you know it be colder where spirits is around.  Creepy.
Haley say the trail be blocked by skeery blowdowns from the Snowtober storm of last week.
I leaded the way as the bony fingers of the blowdowns clawed at us and tried to hold us back.  It taked us 2 hours to fight through 1 1/2 miles of blowdowns!  Skeery!
We did finally make it up to the top fur some seeniks.  Check it out, Haley...
The seenik.
Then, ofur on the horizon.... Duss you see it.  OMD, SPOOKY.....
The Sleeping Giant
That be Sleeping Giant State Park coz it be a giant sleeping on his back!  See, that be his head to the right and his legs to the left.  Creepy!  (That water ofur by his feets be the Long Island Sound.)
OMD, a crack in the mountain. We be staying far away from that.  Skeery.
Then...... THE HAUNTED CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haley and I woz checking pee mail (The pee  mail sayed HELP!  STAY AWAY!  RUN FUR YOUR LIFE!) when all of a sudden.....
... we woz all sucked into the castle!  YIKES!
I did wot you sayed Frankie, I had mom on my walking string to keep her safe and I pulled her down those skeery steps back out into daylight.  Haley pulled her mom out too.  But, wate a minit, OMD, how did I get Haley's mom on my walking string?
MOM????? Where is you?  MOM?!?!?!?!?!
MOM?!?!?!?!?!
I must go find my mom......  Why did she not come out of the castle?  How did Haley's mom get my walking string?

~~~~~ TO BE CONTINUED ~~~~~

21 comments:

Stewey said...

OMD - where to start? Love the third pic from the beginning - too funny!! Love the scenic shot too -
breathtaking pic! But, this haunted castle is so scary - where is your mom?
Stewey

Max the Quilt Cat said...

OMC.... you stopped right at the skeeeeriest part. I can't wait until tomorrow to find out what happened to your mom. I'll be sitting right here at the screen waiting.

pawhugs, Max

Amber DaWeenie said...

UhOh.....tink me is gonna have da nightmares tonight. Can't wait for Pawt 2.

Dat spook dog looks kinda like brudder Max (DaOdderWeenie) don't ya tink???

road-dog-tales said...

OMD, we've been waiting with BACON, um, BATED breath for your Haunted Hike, Shawnee! This is skeery for sure! We figured since you're posting this that efurryone made it back okay, BUT NOW your Mom's gone missing so we're NOT EVEN sure what's gonna happen. Maybe you posted this ALL BY YOURSELF or Hailey's Mom helped you. You shoulda DUCK TAPED your Mom to your walking string. BOL
That sleeping giant is cool and that scenic is AWESOME!

PeeS - LOVED your duck taped DUCK! BOL!

The Road Dogs
The Road Dogs

marley said...

*wooried face* I duz ope this turn out OK in tend Shawnee. I shall be nervuss all week finkin bout mum in that castle. You be lettin me kno if she need any elp from me.

Kari in Vegas said...

you look very spooked in that second photo!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

rottrover said...

OMD OMD OMD!!! Shawnee!! Where's your mom?? We're really worried because we think that haunted black dog looks like PUDDLES!!!! EEEK!! You guys could really be in trouble!!

-Bart and Ruby

Anna the GSD said...

Shawnee...this is too skeery. Giants, Devil Dogs, mountain cracks...if I didn't know you was writing this blog, which means you must be okay, then I'd be freaking out...unless it's the ghost of Shawnee writing this...uh oh...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Pandafur said...

Oh noes Shawnee wat happened to yer mom?!! Iz shaking in mai furz until pawrt too...

Lucy the Cat said...

Wow, this is skeery on so many levels. The fat ducks to the sleeping giant (which Mama thinks is cool) to the Black Dog to your missing mom!! Can't wait for part 2!

p.s. Loved the seenik and that top pic!

The Heartbeats said...

What is it about a GSD's face? They are soo expressive!

Mamma Heartbeat

Merlin Wylt said...

Oh no! I'd be VERY upset if I lost Mommy on a hike!

Tucker said...

Oh my... I got shaky knees. Those steps I would never step on, ever - too scary!

woof - Tucker

Frankie Furter said...

Aiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
SHAWNEE.... HOW could your mom have gotten off the walkin String??? BAD GIRRRRRRL. NOW I am totally SCARED that a GHOST has her... THIS was SOOOOOO spooky and scary.. well except fur You and Haley... in your spiffy bandanas, that is...
OMD OMD.... WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOUR MOM... How did she get Loose from the walkin string... How did Haley's mom end up on TWO walkin strings???
CALL GHOST BUSTERS... QUICK!!!

PeeS... everybuddy LOVES your Duck Taped Duck!!! I KNEW they would.

Yoda_the_Dog said...

Oh no! You couldn't have lost your mom. I'm going to pace back and forth until I get your second installment!

Berts Blog said...

You guys are either very very brave or CRAZY. I am so scared that you will see the Black Dog three times. I am very worried and I don't think I will sleep at all tonight, waiting for your next post.

Be careful

bert

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

OMD Shawnee. Where is your mum. Did she meet the black dog three times??? OMD. Get back in there quick. Be brave. Save her for Dog sake. No worries (we hope), and love, Stella and Rory

houndstooth said...

Yegads! I thought the night hike was eerie! A ghost dog? And your mom lost in the castle?! I am not sure I'm going to be able to sleep tonight!

Bunny

Maggie Mae said...

Shawnee!!!

You must go and find your sweet momma! My eyes is closed now cuz I am askeerd so now I can't watch you go back into dat spooky castle. :(

Be brave my furiend,

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Roo said...

This is such a cool adventure! I'm so excited I can hardly wait to go outside to pee! OMD!

Waggin at ya,
Roo

sagechronicles said...

This is quite the adventure, Shawnee! You find the most amazing things!