Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Haunted Hike, Part Two

At the end of my last episode...
We had been sucked into the haunted castle and me and Haley pulled out the moms out by our walking strings but somehow I got Haley's mom on my walking string instead of my mom and my mom woz MISSING!

I could hear mom calling me from up above but I could not see her.  "Shawwwwneeeee.... Shawwwwwwneee..."  I detached Haley's mom from my walking string and ran to the castle and wot did I find there.....
OMD, I found my mom!  I cried and gibbed her big smoochies and cried and shaked, I woz so happy to see my mom.
All safe and accounted fur, we forged on leaving the skeery castle behind.  But now we be entering the turf of The Black Dog of Hanging Hills - EEK!
It do look harmless enuff...
...but read the sign.  Shudder.
Me and Haley had to lead the moms steep down, down, down into a deep gorge...
...then up, up, up the steep mountain.
Attack Peregrine Falcons guarded the turf of The Black Dog from above but we pushed onward.
The phantom dog must be here close by coz there be a chill in the air and more snow.
Me and Haley got the moms through the haunted snek pit. Why would sneks be out when there be snow on the ground?  CREEPY!
Finally atop West Peak, home of the spirit of the black dog. 
At the top at the seeniks we taked a break.  Haley's 7th birfday woz last weekend and we missed that so we brought noms so we could has a big birfday celebrashun on our break.

Thank you fur the birfday noms!
Me and Haley had settled down fur powah naps when all of a sudden we sprang into akshun....
INCOMING INTRUDER!!! INCOMING INTRUDER!!! INCOMING INTRUDER!!!
Woz it The Black Dog of Hanging Hills coming to get us?  We woz trapped on a rock outcrop with no place to go to get away eggsept to jump off the steep, skeery cliff...

~~~~~ TO BE CONTINUED ~~~~~

19 comments:

  1. Looks like another great adventure for you and your pal. : )
    That snake... uugghh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawnee,

    OoH I am so happy dat you has found your momma!! Even though it has been a very skeery hike, it is a nice one wif lots of seeniks. Now I can't wait to see who or what you is barkin' at!

    Happy BeLated Barkday wishes to Haley!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. UhOh....Now mee will be sittin' on da tip of mee tail for da next pawt! Dat trail looks awfully skeery....haunted or not!

    Hap-pee birfday, Haley!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snakes...killer birds...scary signs! Shawnee, or the spirit of Shawnee, we can't take the suspense anymore!! Please tell me your mom used her skeery white legs to scare away any boogeymen!!?!?! Paws crossed!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *falls over paws up* OMC! Iz faynt frum skardyniss Shawnee! Wats gonna happen? Hoo iz da skardy monster hooz shadow I seez? Wat abowt da black dog? eeeeeek *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the scariest hike we've ever been on!! (And these are some of the funniest comments we've ever read!!) We'll be back for the next installment. Happy Birthday, Haley!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very glad you found your mom! Mommy thinks the sign is scarier than the legend of the Black Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am soooo glad you found your mom, but I'm now on the edge of my seat wanting to know who those intruders are!

    Looks like Haley had a good birthday.

    Mama is still shivering in fright of that snake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you found your mom but now - more cliff hanging endings? More pacing for me tonight! Will the Black Dog show himself????

    ReplyDelete
  10. The plot thickens - we love it- who IS this intruder?

    So very happy that you founf your mom, now watch out for strangers.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have me on the edge of the couch here! And a haunted snake pit?! That's the stuff of my nightmares!

    I hope that chicken jerky you had for my birthday was tasty! I had some extra Zuke's treats tonight, and I'm pretty sure there's a birthday cake lurking in the fridge!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. That snake scare the begeebers out of me!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowserz! You definitely visit some verrrry interesting places!! That tower looks scary!

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Shawnee, thank dog you found your mum. That sign about the cliff edges and thingys would have been enough to scare us away. You were all brave to keep walking for sure. Snakes in snowtime? WTF. Intruder??? Run away, run away now. Oh blimey. This is skeery business. No worries (gulp) and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  15. First, Happy Belated Birthday Haley! :D

    Now, I am soooo glad you found your Mom and both of you escaped the haunted castle! :O :)

    That Black Dog Hill is spooky spooky spooky! What are those moon looking rock formations? :O

    Shawnee, if that is the black dog up the trail, you and your Mom need to RUN RUN RUN!!!

    I will be back tomorrow to check on you. I sure hope you will be there! :O

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yikes! I duz be hidin ahind the sofa and be scared to come out now. I am shekkin to tips of my paws

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't blame you for worrying about your Mom in that haunted castle. They can be really skeery. But I'm glad you got to celebrate Haley's birfday--those look like pretty awesome noms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incoming intruder?!?! Oh, no! If it was the Black Dog, I'd be hiding behind my mom for sure! (Heck, I do that all of the time anyway...)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shawnee
    that was the most scary hike. I'm glad u saved momma from that haunted castle. It's so scary it scared the crap outta woo. wowee- you never ever poo on a hike? I'm so impressed.
    norwood

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.