Saturday, January 23, 2010

Apshawa Preserve (West Milford, NJ)

Today we hiked 7.7 miles in Apshawa Preserve. We had to go today instead of tomorrow like we woz planning on coz the wevver peeples changed their minds again and is now saying rains tomorrow. Today woz beeootifuls tho.



We seened some waters through the trees. It woz Butler Reservoir. We hiked at a Butler Reservoir a cuppul of weeks ago but it was a differnt one.


But the closer we gotted to the reservoir, the louder these noises gotted.


BRRRRRRRRRRRT BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT BRRRRRRRRRRRRT BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT - Wot is that? OMD! It was peeples walking on top of the frozened waters and they woz cutting holes in the ice with powah tools! They was gitting reddy to goes ice fishing!


We hiked around a pond too but there woz no peeple fishing on top of the frozened waters there (but we could still hear the peeples over on the reservoir coz they woz rilly lowd!)


And we had some pritty senik overlooks.





And we sawed a beeootiful waterfall


I figgered I had better put my paws in to wash them off so mom would not get any ideers bout gibbin me a baf like she did last week.


Whew, mom said my paws passed mud inspekshuns when we gotted to the car!

10 comments:

  1. Another PAWesome hike!

    Tank woo fur sharing!

    We had a beaWOOtiful day here in Pawsylvania!

    I'm glad woo didn't to worry about those fish hunters!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day you had for your adventure! Looks like you had sunshine...we haven't had any sun in a long time here. I miss the sun in New Jersey...

    I'm glad you didn't have to have another bath, Shawnee! Mom says I'm going to soon 'cause it's so muddy outside our house. Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cool hike! *woof*
    like the photos of you on tops of the rocks!

    I like bath... heehee *stick out tongue*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shawnee, Yes, it sure was beautiful on Saturday. Mama was stuck on an airplane all day. Did you get rain on Sunday? It was just gloomy here. We have the storm today. Anyway, your mom took some great pictures. I love all the ones of you enjoying the different views. I'm glad you passed the mud inspekshuns!

    Purrs,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why were they fishing for ice? Peoples are soooo weird!

    OH, mom told me they were fishing for fishes in the ice! Why didn't they just go to the frozen fish section of the grocery store? Weird weird peoples!!

    And your footsies look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantasic photos are beautifully colored, I love beautiful scenery, I wish a nice day Radka.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your paws passed mud inspekshuns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAH! no bath today!! good work!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely day to hike :-)
    Its alway so nice to see you walk and play outside !!!!!
    I send you hugs

    Kareltje =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dat wuz one pawsum adventure u did have. How do dem peeples fish wif power tools? Doznt dat loud noises skeer dem fishies away?

    I bring ma fishies insides so they no get frozed over...wunner iffen the fishin were even der. Mehbe dey wented insides likes ma fishies???

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.