Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pyramid Mountain Natural Historic Area (Boonton, NJ)

We did it! We maded it to the rite hike today at Pyramid Mountain. And the parking lot woz opened this morning so I did not has to worry bout mom parking in anudder lot and getting us on the rong trail!

I woz very eggsited about hiking in this park coz there is lots of interesting things to see. I has nummered them on the map so you can see where they is at as I shows you the pikshurs.


#1 PYRAMID MOUNTAIN
This is me going up Pyramid mountain. Mom had to wear her Yaktrax coz it woz slickery going up. But my paws werk just fine on slickery mountains.

And here I is at the top of Pyramid Mountain enjoying the seenik overlook:


#2 LUCY'S OVERLOOK
Here I is hiking up the rawks to Lucy's Overlook. Lucy woz a laydee who saved the park from peeples who wanted to tear it up and build stuffs so the overlook woz named after her.

And here is wot it looks like from the top.


#3 TRIPOD ROCK
This is my fave. Tripod Rawk is a 160 ton rawk wot sits atop three littler rawks. It could has fallened on me and squished me! No, not rilly. It is too hebby to be pushed over but I donnot knows how it stay atop of those teeny rawks.

I is kinda blocking the 3 little rawks so I shows you a pikshur without me in it. It is so very kewl. This rawk is supposed to bees famus.


#4 BEAR ROCK
I dunno why this is called Bear Rawk. It does not look like a bear. Mebbe coz it is so humungus. Don't I look teeny tiny next to it? I readed that this woz sposed to be the biggest rawk in Noo Jersey but it splitted in half not very long ago so it used to bees even bigger!


#5 WHALE HEAD ROCK
OK, I can sees where this mite looke like a whale hed but I think more like a turtle hed, no?


#6 EAGLE CLIFF
But we did not see no eaguls.


#7 TAYLORTOWN RESERVOIR
The reservoir is all frozened with ice.


Then we woz back at the parking lot and crossed over the street to go to Turkey Mountain!

#8 100 STEPS TRAIL
We dinnot count the rawk steps but we believe them when they says there be 100 of them.


#9 VIEW FROM TOP OF 100 STEPS
This is wot it looked like at the top of the 100 steps.


#10 TOP OF TURKEY MOUNTAIN


#11 WATERFALLS
We has seen much better but they is werthy of a pikshur since they is menshuned on the map.


#12 STONE RUINS
We Googled to see if'n anybody noes wot this is but cannot find anything. Looks like mebbe a howse somebody lived in a gabillion years ago in the olden days?

This is the inside. It has a fireplace and is that a tabul builded into the middle?


So it was a very kewl hike wot woz 9.75 miles long. With the wrong hike from yesterday of 8.7 miles, wow, I think I might needs to nap in my hidey spot until next weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Woo really take your mom on some furry interesting hikes!

    Great job!

    Now, nap up fur the next oneS!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some cool rocks and views on that hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a busy hiking weekend for you and your mom! Glad you got to go for an adventure today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Shawnee.. cool boulders and stuff on your hike!! I'm tired just lookin at your pics!! *huffing puffing* haha! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!
    You did it ..... CONGRATULATIONS
    Great job !!!
    Love your action shots :-)

    Hugs Kareltje =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawnee we loved the pics and reading about the places you saw on your hike. It looked pawsome. Wish we could have gone too.
    You are a great tourguide.
    Tailwags
    Ernie, Sasha, & Chica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures as always! Tripod Rawk is cool! Mama really likes the picture of Taylortown Teservoir. It looks gorgeous. You sure saw a lot of neat things, Shawnee! You're so lucky!

    Purrs,
    Lucy

    p.s. Get lots of rest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post. Tripod Rock is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.