Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Furrend Molly, RIP


This is my 100th post and I dedicate it to my dear furrend Molly who wented to the bridge this morning. We knowed she did not has much time left when I sawed her in St. Louis after Turkey Day, but even if'n you knows it is coming, it still does not make it any easier. Molly woz 13 years old and not in gud health any mores. Here is wot Molly's mom writed today:
Molly's gone. She got up and went outside but then she collapsed outside and couldn't get up. She was having a hard time breathing. The vet did an x-ray and an ultrasound and there was no blockage but the vet said that she could see a huge mass right next to her liver that was pushing on her stomach. She also said her heart was really small which meant there was restricted blood flow which made sense for her feet to be just stone cold. We had to put her to sleep - we didn't have a choice.
I remember when I first metted Molly about 8 years ago, she tried to put the bitey on me! It was skeery. Our moms had to keep us separated for the first day until Molly gotted over herself. She did, and then we woz the bestest furrends. Molly's mom sayed that when our visit woz over and we wented back home to Noo Jersey, Molly cried for days coz she missed me. Her mom had to go adopt her sis Hannah to get her a furend! But when I sawed Molly this last time she remembered me and woz happy to see me. Rest in peace my furrend.

6 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

What a special albeit sad way to khommemmorate your 100th post -

That was the kindest thing Molly's mom khould do fur her!

We'll light a khandle fur her so she khan find a khool route to khross The Bridge!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Her Mom

Yoda_the_Dog said...

I am sorry you lost your pal! It was a nice post in her honor.

Lucy the Cat said...

Congrats on your 100th post, Shawnee. I think it was really nice that you dedicated it to Molly. I remember that picture and how your paws were touching and how you were sad because you knew it would be the last time you saw her. I'm so sorry about your very good friend. It sounds like she loved you a lot and you here.

Hugs,
Lucy

Lexi-Lou said...

Shawnee -- I'm so sorry to hear about your friend going over the Rainbow Bridge this morning. Very sad news. I know just how hard this is for her family and friends. *really big hugs*

Jan's Funny Farm said...

We're sorry about your friend Molly. That is always a hard choice to make. Purrs and tail wags.

Pandafur said...

Iz verry sorry abowt your dear frend Molly. It sownds like you had a wonderfur frendship an that iz a gift. *softpaw*