Sunday, March 21, 2010

Appalachian Trail (Wind Gap, PA)

We had such a wonnerful hiking last Friday that we decided to hike some more on the Appalachian Trail in Pencilvania. Mom seened Wind Gap, Pencilvania on the map where there is a place to park the car to gets on the Appalachian Trail and go up along the top of a different part of the Blue Mountains. So that is were we wented.


You can see here on this pikshur we taked from the car how we woz going to hike along to top of the mountain.


Furst we had to climb up high. I had to keep waiting on mom. She is so slow with the climbing.


The trails is very rawky here. The peeples wot hikes the whole Appalachian Trail from Goreja to Mane calls Pencilvania "Rocksylvania - where hiking boots go to die" coz of all the rawks you has to walk over. It makes hiking hard for mom sometimes coz she stubbs her toes and yells "OWIE" and has to be careful she does not twist her ankles if'n she steps on wobbly rawks. Don't bother me any wif my dainty little dog paws.


The furst seenik overlook we comed to is called Lookout Rock on the west side. I wonner how long it taked somebody to think up that name?


Then back on the east side we comed to Hahn's Lookout wot woz kind of loud wif traffics and not so pritty but we could see the highway wot we drived in on.


About a gabillion boy scouts passed us going the udder way. They looked like they had just woked up. Mom asked them if they had spented the nite on the mountain and they sayed yes. They must has had some wild camping pawty coz they all looked like they had camping hangovers. You can see they has they sleeping bags and stuffs wif them. They thought I woz a very kewl dog and they all gibbed me pets as they walked by. They liked my backpack too.


And then we founded where they had spented the nite. Akshually, mom sayed we must has passed mebbe 40 boys and the mans wot woz they leaders and when I inspected where they had camped, they passed my inspekshuns coz they lefted no litter at all. I was very proud of the boy scouts.


So mom and I decided to take a break where the boy scouts had camped coz there woz grate seenik overlooks on both sides, we could look east, then take a few steps over to the udder side of the mountain and look west.





Mom surprised me with a snack she brought for me! A while back I had wonned some cookies from Lucky Dog Treat Company and they woz so nommy! They woz hasing a sale and mom had buyed us some more cookies. When the package came the udder day, they had put in some samples with the order. Since the samples is not enuff to split atween the 3 of us, mom throwed them in her backback as my hiking snack and I gotted all of it. ALL OF IT! I did not has to share wif my sisfurs for a change.


That woz nommy!


Thank you mommy.


So it woz anudder beeotiful day and anudder grate hike. I woz a little tired from hasing hiked 9.75 miles on Friday and 10 miles today so I sort of falled asleep on the job. I rarely sleep in the car coz I has to keep an eye on mom's driving. Fortunately, she did fine without my supervisoring.

10 comments:

  1. Another great hike! I am so glad I don't have to hiss at the Boy Scouts cuz our nephews are Scouts and we really like the Boy Scouts. The fact that they didn't litter is just another reason! I bet they stayed up all night telling ghost stories and stuff and that's why they were so tired. Looks like you had some really good views. I'm glad you got some yummy cookies and all to yourself too!

    Purrs,
    Lucy

    p.s. You look so cute snoozin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute and my anipals and I enjoyed reading about your hike and seeing the pictures.
    My doggy, Tinker really liked reading about the treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawnee, you are such a beautiful doggie. I love your "I love you Mommy" picture! You look so sweet.

    And this hike looked fun! I don't know about all that climbing though -- your mom must be in great shape to keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventure you have on your hikes and the view you see is breathtaking. I can't believe you hiked another 10 miles today after the long hike on Friday. You and your mama are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shawnee, you're so adorable sleeping like that in the car!

    I got some cookies from Lucky Dog this week, too. I convinced Mom to order during their sale. Woo hoo!

    Oh -- and GREAT JOB BOY SCOUTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEP!

    Woo get ALL the khool hikes!

    Make sure woo visit my Monday post to see the street Mom found fur woo!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie
    PeeEssWoo: Nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of hikin!! You should be tired with a belly full of hiking cookie noms!

    Glad the boy scouts didn't litter...that would have been bad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wOW!!
    wHAT A HIKE.....

    It looks like a vacation !!!!
    Wonderful shots :-)

    Hugs kareltje =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shawnee! Just stopping by to tell you I gave you an award! Come by and see... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of it...? you mean like, all of it? *drools*

    ReplyDelete