Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tourne County Park (Morris County, NJ)


Today woz National Trail Days but we did not want to go to a park where they woz hasing celebrashun activities coz it be crowded and we woz supposed to has thunder boomers so we wented to a small park where we could get back to the car pritty speedy quick if'n we had to. Turns out the sun commed out and there woz no thunder boomers and we managed to get a 9.5 mile hike in.

Furst we headed up to wot they calls Top of the Tourne wot is an overlook:


You is supposed to see the Noo York City skyline but it woz hazee and hoomid so we could see nuttin:


There be a 9/11 memorial coz anybody who woz at this overlook on 9/11 would has been able to see the smokes coming out of the twin towers:


We seened lots of wildlifes along the way. Alvin the Chipmunk...


Kermit the Frog...


Or mebbe this be Kermit the Frog...




We camed to swamps where we heard lots of wildlife sounds but did not see wot woz making the sounds:


Then we commed to Birchwood Lake where there be swimming but no peeples woz swimming:


A nice laydee sayed hai to me and asked if'n we could go to hers car for a cookie:


I showed nice manners and satted and taked the cookie gently wif my lips like mom always tells me to.

Then I checked some impawtant pee-mail:


Oh kewl, the pee-mail be an invite to the doggie soshul event up the trail. Let's go mom!



And the moment you has all been wating for.... the Shawnee Cam! It must has been too dark it the woods coz the only ones wot turned out is by streets.





I woz hoping to has some shots of my furrends wot I woz playing with but those mite has been the blurry ones too. We woz running in circles rilly fast!

9 comments:

  1. You sure do have some great adventures. Like the new additioin of your cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More pawesome pikhs from your mom and from woo!

    OH YES: HUMID HUMID HUMID!!!

    It twas plain nasty in PA!

    Thanks fur sharing your hike!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie
    PeeEssWoo: I'm glad woo liked my door blokhk pikh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Alvin sing anything for you? When I was doing my DJ playlist I could find the Chipmunk versions of songs easier than the originals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great adventures you have with lots of hikes. Great piks even the blurry ones... they show you was playing & running fast.
    Wags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the above comment about it being nasty and humid in PA. Bleh.

    Great hike! You got a cookie from a nice lady, saw wildlife, saw that nice 9/11 memorial and met new friends. I think it's neat how gentle you are when taking treats. Cool Shawnee Cam shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dunt finks dat wuz kermit de froggy. I finks dat wuz a toady. I hopes u did no tries to nom it az I iz told dem toads will gib u warts. n u no wants warts in u mouf!

    Lub dem shawnee cam (tm) pikshures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cookies from a lady AND a doggie social?! You totally scored on this hike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Shawnee Cam rocks! It's like a legal DWI for the rest of us!

    Nice park by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you got some cookies on your walks. That nivver appens to me. Mebbe I come to Amercias

    ReplyDelete