Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Hiking

Happy Memorial Day efurrybuddy!  Betcha didn't know that before my time my mom used to ride in Rolling Thunder to Washington D.C. on a HARLEY to The Wall to honor the fallen soldiers.  She did not drive, she was a passenger, on the back seat.  Oh, yikes, was I supposed to tell that mom used to be a biker babe, BOL?  Well, that was in the olden days, now we go hiking.
I could not stand closer to the sign coz the ground was all swampy from all the rains we had.
I do not need any Mutt Mitts (coz I is not going to poo) but I is just checking pee-mail.
This do be the Devil's Half Acre Boulders.
Still more Devil's Half Acre Boulders.
Ahhhh, cooling off my furs in Roaring Rock Creek.
What a huge pile o' rawks.
This fence in the middle of the woods do look brokened.
There was lots of boardwalks coz it be furry muddy but they did not work...
.... see?
I see a pond...
... and I be just in time fur the Memorial Day Pawrade!
There was pawrade musics:  ♫ HONK ♫ HONK ♫ HONK ♫ HONK ♫
Oops.
Mr. Turtle was in the pawrade, too.
And I is pritty sure the deer would has been in the pawrade too but I think they got lost and was in somebuddy's front yard.  They look confuzzled, no?
I went to clean my furs off at the other side of the pond so I would not disrupt the pawrade.

16 comments:

  1. There was life before WOO?

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: There was a gooooooser parade down the pond - right now, they are celebrating by meandering towards the 10th green ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom was a BABE Biker???? WOW!!!

    LOVE those Rawks... butt the PARADE was astounding.
    Glad you SCENT Soared out that Duck Butt though. THAT CRACKED me Up.

    Get it? Butt.. Cracked??? I even CRACK MYSELF up over this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ducks Deer and Dirt, the perfect hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was a lot of wildlife in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a biker babe jacket. *snickers* Boris Kitty gave it to me.

    Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Shawnee, you just have to dig up a pic of Biker Babe Mom - we just have to see THIS:) BOL

    those devil boulders sure were HUGE.

    You always get to see the coolest stuff - that was a very fun parade.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your parade looks a lot cooler than the one we went to today! I am in total envy!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish we could meet up some day and go for an ADVENTURE!
    Enid x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bets your mom was hawt on da back of a bike in hers leather jacket!

    You should askeded to join da parade and you could has singed along to da music. Dat would has been just perfect.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful hike and two times in the water. Good planning... I think we don't like the water much cuz we are kitties, but you were made for it... It always cools us off to see you go in.

    Thanks for a great hike.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shawnee looks like you had a wonderful Memorial Day! BOW-WOW Your Mom used to be a biker babe! Thats crazy! I bet she had a lot of fun! OMD I love the 'Mutt Mitts' thats such a good idea for the place to supply them, do lots of places supply them? Its a good way of keeping the place clean! Shawnee how come you dont poop while you are on your hikes?? Did you find any pee-mail by that sign??
    I love all your photos, those Devil's Half Acre Boulders look huge and you look like you really enjoyed the little doggy paddle in the Roaring Rock Creek!
    I love the 'Memorial Day Pawrade' that was funny!! What a great day you had, you look like you are smiling all the time! Love, Licks and Hugs with big fuzzy shepherd tummy rubs for you! Your furiend Frank xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a unique Memorial Day Parade!
    Thanks for sharing it!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mutt mitts?! What is them?!

    Again Shawnee, pawesome walkies, good job there is lots of places for you too cool off, you looked rather warm.
    Great job in not interrupting the pawrade!


    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  14. A biker Babe? Ugh oh, good thing you came along and calmed her down! Although you might need a skull and crossbone collar to go with your mom's rep of being in a biker gang! ;)

    That's a lot of critters on parade, but I guess it's not a true event until you have a streaker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, so that was quite an opener to your post - your mom was a biker girl!

    Looks like all our furry friends were out celebrating the holiday. I love that turtle picture!!!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  16. Howdy Shawnee, we loved your parade. Lots of interesting folks. Your mum a biker babe? We want photos hehe. Lucky it was before your time cause otherwise you wouldn't be getting your great hikes! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.