Friday, May 18, 2012

Virginia Hiking Trip Day 5

So we loaded up the car with all our stuffs and I thought we was going home but no, mom was driving in the wrong direction according to my snooter.
We ended up here!
Check out the sign just fur us dogs!
Nice sturdy bridge fur crossing ofur the waters.
My kind of sign!
Now I is going to find some falling waters fur you.
Here is some but I has to get my furs wet first to gib you the full effect.
The waters is starting to fall...
And here be the Cascades!  Wowser!  I was getting spritzed all the way ofur where I was standing.
On the innerwebs mom had read how to find the upper falls where most peeples do not know about.  It woz pawsome and we had the whole place to ourselves.
I enjoyed a chicken jerky snack at the upper falls while we taked a break.
Then we kept hiking up, up, up, all the way to...
... Barney's Wall!  OMD, what seeniks!
I found myself a little hidey spot and taked a nap at Barney's Wall while mom read her book.  Then we hiked back down to our car.
This family parked next to our hikemobile.  I wonder if the bird went hiking with them.
So then we start driving and still not in the direction of Noo Joisey, according to my snooter.
It was another park and another cabin!  With noisy neighbors.  (The peeples left their dogs home alone on the screened in porch and they yapped the whole time - so not cool peeples!  Don't ruin it fur efurrybuddy else.  Furginia State Park cabins is dog furrendly and I would like to keep it that way so I can go back again!)
So come on in and I show you around.  This cabin be in Fairy Stone State Park and it be a furry old park with furry old cabins.  These cabins was made in the 1930's.
This be the little two-legger bedroom.
Here be me and mom's bedroom fur napping.
Nice screened porch where bugs cannot put the bitey on you.  I spent lots of time out here. But nefur by myself like the neighbors.  I stay with mom all the time.  Always. (You think I is letting her sneak out and has funs all by herself?  NO WAY!)
Come behind our cabin and I show you the lake just a few steps away.
Sweet!

More to come on Day 6...

15 comments:

  1. That sign for the dogs is too funny. Those cabins look pretty nice for ones that old.

    Thanks for taking us on your adventures. Can't wait for the next installment.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cabins looks so nice but its too bad they other doggies owners wuz so rood. Thanks you fur stopping at mai bloggy, I did turn off that stoopy werd vurrifikayshun so hopefully nekt time you won't haz it bugging you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you had all dat dere noise to put up with. That cabin looked purrty good fur bein dat old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{SIGH}} Falling Waters AND ROCKS... you saved this fur ME.. RIGHT?

    I can't believe that there was a SIGN there that talked DAWG. THAT is cool, butt Not the neighbors that left their dawgs locked up... when they SHOULD have been with their Peeps. THAT is just MEAN. I feel so sorry fur the Dawgs...
    You had a grrrreat day though and THAT makes me VERY Happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never understand people who pack their pups along only to not let them have fun too!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, five posts, we are falling behind here, Shawnee. We loved the Cascades - what a cool place you are visiting. And Barney's Wall was really interesting. Great scenics. We are going to read through the other posts now.

    If you can think of a good rhyming nickname for Lightning, send it our way - his name is a tough one.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shawnee, green with jelly, green with jelly!! We love your photos. Thanks for taking us on your holiday. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right there were beautiful scenics in that hike. Wonderful. Thanks.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo Mom luvs to see morning mist rise over water! Wow! Treats for the eyeballs fur sure! :D And that special place with all the falls? OMD! and you had it all to yourselves? Good show! Just amazing! Thank you for taking us along with you! I can even smell the pines and cricks and hear the roar of the falls :D Ahhhhhh :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that sign, too! Those views from up top are amazing. My favorite picture is the one on your way up with all the lovely green grass around you!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um...shouldn't you have OBEYED the sign? I mean, I don't believe in obeying, but you are more well behaved than me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fantastic scenics again, and what an awesome cabin! I love that! There are some rental cabins at some state parks here, but they're really little. I might have to bark at Mom about trying one sometime, though. You make it look like so much fun!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Shawnee I love your adventure, those cabins are so nice and pretty, they look real homey too! I'm sad that those poor dogs were left in the cabin alone, I'm so glad that your Mom treats you right! I love the sign just for us doggies and the nice stone sign "take memories, leave only footprints" I love all the scenery, it looks so beautiful there, those lovely waterfalls, I like that you went for a swim! All the photos are just wonderful, the last one of you by the lake at dusk, the one of you on top of the waterfall and by the view, wow all so good and you look so very cute, you have an adventurous gleam in your eye! Love, Licks, Hugs and Tummy Rubs from your pal Frank x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wot a bootiful place you haz found there Shawnee. Is lookin nice and mebbe thems doggie nayberrs will be nice when you gets to know em....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your waterfall pictures! And that looks like a beautiful lake right near your cabin, too. It's a shame those other peoples don't understand how sad it makes their doggies to not get to have fun with them. Poor doggies...stuck alone on the porch...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.