Sunday, May 20, 2012

Virginia Hiking Trip Day 10 - The Grand Finale

So once again we finished loading up the hikemobile but instead of heading north to Noo Joisey, mom started driving SOUTH to North Carolina!  You see, we was supposed to go to North Carolina on Monday but remember the rain and storms and stuffs?  There was a knock on our cabin door Sunday night.  I woofed fiercely as mom opened the door and was handed a top seekrit message by the park ranger standing in the pouring rain.
Me and mom, in her pajammies (mom, not me), dodged raindrops running to the hikemobile, drived out of the park until we got a signal on the cell phone, pulled ofur and made the top seekrit call.  The park ranger drived by and I saw him gib us the seekrit hand wave.   Mom gibbed him the sekrit hand wave back. I heard mom say into the cell phone "Heck yeah I can drive an hour in the opposite direction, hike then drive all the way home."  That sealed the deal.  There was no turning back now.  Seekrit Mission German Shepherd was set in motion fur Wednesday, Day 10.
An hour later...
All clear at the lake.
Let's hit the trails.
Act normal, mom, we is being watched.
Common mom, the lookout tower is up here a ways.
Nice use of wildflowers on the trail to provide distraction and camouflage.
Almost there.
We made it to the tower.
I climbed the tower even though I is scared of steps...
... and scouted out the seekrit location from afar.  Common mom, let's roll.  We has to stay on schedule fur our mission.
Whew, made it by this snek.
And this one too.
Checking fur seekrit pee mail messages.
I has a good visual from up here.  Zoom in with your camera mom...
That be it, the top sekrit location way up high on the rawks.
OMD, will I efur succeed with this seekrit mission with all these spies lurking?
The coast be clear now and we is almost there, right on schedule.
Up the loooooong staircase...
There it is, up there on the Hanging Rock...
The final stretch of rawks.
I has arrived at the seekrit place and I lay in wait when all of a sudden....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
"The shepherd has landed." OMD, you woofspered the seekrit password into my ear!  It be Anna from Alabama!  WOO HOO!
I has to let Anna be sure it be me, Shawnee, from Noo Joisey.  Anna confirms that it do be me.
Anna even brought her invisible peeple puppy along.
Here be me and Anna with our moms and the invisible peeple puppy.
Here be Anna with her dad, mom and the invisible peeple puppy.
Me and Anna woofed at the little dog ofur there coz we just be way too cool ofur here on the shepherd side.
Seriously, can you stand how cool we is together?
We led the way down from Hanging Rocks in pawfect shepherd formation.
We all had snacks and drinks in Anna's divamobile.
Then we taked a short hike to some falling waters...
... before heading back and saying our good-byes.
Then began our long drive home...

Thank you all fur following along and enjoying my adventures with me.   Your commenties has all been so much FUN!  Like taking my trip all ofur again with all of YOU!  This was the most pawsomest hiking vacation and meeting Anna in the fur was the gravy on the kibble. (Click here fur Anna's post about our meeting.)

21 comments:

  1. OMG p- what a fabulous ending. Now Shawnee - What a great friend you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPLUNK !

    OMD OMD you got to meet OUR ANNA the GSD.. THE REAL one.. IN THE FURS... and her Peeps and even the invisible peep pup???????????????

    I am TOTALLY ASTONISHED and THRILLED!!

    YOU got to meet the REAL fur SURE Anna the GSD. THIS is just WONDERFUL.
    THE PAWFECT ending to your wonderful adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great ending to a wonderful hiking vacation...now you better get rested up in case your mum wants to go again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD for sure, what Frankie said. You got to meet THE Anna????? How cool is that! Not only did you have an awesome hike to the secret spot, but you even saw snakes!!! How wonderful that you got to meet Anna and her peeps AND go for a hike with her AND sit in her divamobile - two divas looking gorgeous in that vehicle!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing all the wonders of your fantastic trip. So where will we be going next?

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you for climbing that tower! Maybe now I will have the courage to let mom finish clipping my nails. Well, maybe not. You and Anna really did look good together. I am glad you had such an exciting vacation in Furginia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD!!!!!!

    How khool!!!!!!!

    If only, Pawsylvanina khould have been Day 11 -

    Just sayin'

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Shakhyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMD!!!!!!!! You got to go hiking with Anna?! Oh, I am totally and completely green with the jellyness! And Kuster and Morgan are looking very long in the face, too. We can't believe you got to meet Anna in the fur and go hiking together. If we had a chance to go hiking with some blog friends, we would be all over that!

    And Kuster says Anna looks hot in that backpack!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mama says you have a fabulous perspective of life. As usual, we just don't get what she means....

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice neck-scarf!!!
    I have got three at home.
    Enid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You was in NC?!?!?!?!?! Why you not drive on down to SC to sees me? I just be a hop and skip aways.
    I not knows Anna but her looks super awesome to hang out withs. At least she can keep up with you on them hikes.

    Puddles
    PS: Did you knows I deaded me a ground hog? I surely did. I saved you some if you wants any.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is SO cool that you got to meet Anna the GSD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shawnee!
    Wow what a wonderful secret adventure in the hikemobile to North Carolina! I like the top secret message that was handed to your Mom by the Park Ranger! You have a very nice Paw there! Hee,Hee!
    I cant believe how many critters you had spying on you on your secret misson! I love all the photos they are so beautiful, it looks like one big adventure! I like the photo of you on the steps! You were so good to walk all the way up to the watch tower! I love the photo of you by the rock with the "good visual" you look sooo very happy!!
    I laughed at "The shepherd has landed." when you met Anna from Alabama, the photo of you, your Mom, Anna and her Mom with the 'invisible peeple puppy' thats sooo cute!! It was nice to see you and Anna walking side by side, thats sweet! I walk side by side with my Furiends too!
    I have really enjoyed going on your adventures with you, I felt like I was right there by your side through it all! It was fab! I hope I get to see more of you going for a hike! Love, Licks, Hugs and Tummy Rubs from Frank xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fantastic ending to your great hiking vacation. You and Anna look so cool together. I especially like the picture where you are both in mid step with your paws just off the ground. It looks like you girls are doing a dance together.

    Thanks for taking us along on your great vacation. I know how exciting it can be to meet fellow bloggers in the fur and flesh.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank god your mom had the charged camera...I should fire my mom for reals!!! The next day mom and dad said a lot of "ouch" and "it burns" (mainly from dad) but I made them go hiking again anyhoo. :)

    oh, and we went to Tory's Den/falls...more STAIRS!! I had to haul mom up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun Shawnee!

    Wiggles,

    calhoun

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a pawsome end to a pawsome oliday Shawnee. Ow excitin for you to meet your pal in the furs. I ope I get a oliday like that one day (mebbe wiv less walkin). We haz loved readin all the blogs and we do send you special woofs for a restful week now that you be back ome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heya Shawnee! We have so very much enjoyed reading about your most pawsome vacation! Thank you for sharing!

    RA, Isis & Nanük

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the most pawsome adventures and go such beautiful places. Thanks for taking us along, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am scared of snakes AND stairs AND heights so I am pretty impressed with your journey!

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S.: You do look super cool together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pawsome climax to an amazing adventure! Luv the salamander :) What views at the top! Wow! and to have your furiend Anna pop out of the woods to say howdy doody? Just Grand! :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete

Sorry fur hasing to turn on the word verification thingy but I has been getting spammed big time here lately.