Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's My Gotcha Day!



This was little me on the day I gotted sprung from the shelter exactly 8 years ago. I was about 4 months old. As you can sees, I was not a happy puppy cause everything was skeery.


This is what the shelter writed about me in their magazine. (It didn't luke xactly like this, mom maded up the newspaper thingie - silly mom.)


So today we had my Gotcha Day celebrashuns:





I would like to invites you all to has some of my Gotcha Day treats. If you gets here too late and they all bees gone, I gives you the recipe, 'k? You has to has some, they is so nomilishus.


DELICIOUS DOGGY PUPCAKES
1 large apple, minced
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 eggs
1 cup grated cheese

Frosting:
8 oz. low fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons honey

Preheat oven to 375 degrees; grease muffin tins.
In a large bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, baking powder and baking soda together.
In a medium bowl, blend the yogurt, water, oil, honey and eggs.
Stir in apple and cheese.
Add to the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about three quarters full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.

For the frosting, combine cream cheese (at room temperature), honey and yogurt untril smooth.
Spread on cooled pupcakes.

Mom used @JohannTheDog's HOMEMADE FROSTY PAWS recipe on his blog. Click here!

Thanks for celebrating my Gotcha Day with me!

6 comments:

LouPeb said...

Congrats!!!! What a pawsome celebration! The pupcakes look sooooo good. *drools* I'm so happy you were sprung from shelter by your mom. You looked scared... but really cute.
*nosekiss* *hugs* *nuzzles* *high paw*

Lou said...

(in my best hound dog howl)
Happy Gotcha Day to you,
Happy Gotcha Day to you!
Happy Gotcha Day, Pretty Shawneeeee,
Haaaappy Gotchaaaaa Daaaay toooooo youuuuuu!

That looks like a great pawty! I'm going to make Lou save the recipes for MY birthday and gotcha day pawties!!

*tailwags*
@RogerDog

The Creek Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day Shawnee!!!! What a great party with great treats! Enjoy, you deserve it!

Boris Kitty said...

Dat iz one mighty fun lookin pawty you had fur u gotcha day! An' da treats look very nommy. Do dey come in kitteh sizes? I do not fink I coulds eat it all up by maself! But I would try oh yes i would!

U wuz such a cute pup. Dat newspaper artikle wuz meowy nice. Glad u founds such a gr8 furever home.

Baby Patches Confessions of the Plume said...

OMC! I was waitings for dis day to comes cause I knews about your present! And den I goes and misses! So sorry Shawnee! Looks likes you had a pawsome pawty and I is so happy dat you gots a wonderfur furever home after being so scared and traumatized.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrs and Nosetaps

Lou said...

Hi Shawnee! I'm so excited, I'm going to make the pupcakes for Roger's 3rd birthday tomorrow!! (shhh, it's a surprise!)
His pawty is Saturday night, I'll definitely post pictures!

Much love to you & your mom!