Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Hike

I can't think of anything better to do fur mom on Mother's Day than to take her fur a hike!  I taked mom to Fishkill Ridge Conservation Area in Noo York coz they has lots of seeniks there and I figgered mom would like that.
Common mom, follow me!
I taked mom to some pritty waterfalls:
You can see them better in the movie coz they goes up rilly high and sound pritty:


Then we had to climb up higher than the waterfalls fur seeniks:
That little bridge ofur there ofur the Hudson River be wot we be driving on to go home.
More of the Hudson RIver
Taking a break on Lamb Hill.
Then I seened something in the woods...
Oh. My. Dog. Wot do this be?
It duss appear to be a bully dozer out in the woods!
Vroom, vroom?
I woz pondering the fact that my furrend Frankie Furter could be using this fur his ditch digging eggstravaganza coz he be digging hims little paws to the bone ofur there. But the bully dozer would not move.  Wot to do? Then I seened this later at a seenik:

If'n ants can do it, why can't we?

More seeniks - told ya there woz lots!
Check out this big cloud ahind me!
I wonner wot this "X" be fur?
I is going to be taking mom ofur to that fire tower but I is not letting her climb it coz she be skeered of climing fire towers.
I is taking mom ofur to that mountaintop reservoir too.
Common mom, climb up!
Here we is at the fire tower and mom sayed no way do she be going up coz there be no walls at all!
From up by the fire tower (at the bottom of it) we could see the Noo York City skyline! You might has to click on the pikshure to biggify it so you can see the skyscrapers.
Here we do be at that reservoir but by the time we got there the clouds all did cover the pritty bloo skies wot we had earlier so the reservoir did not be looking so pritty.
Check out this sign by the reservoir.  It do say there be 125 million gallons of waters in there - that be like 125 gabillion of our water bowls full!
On the way back to the car I woz able to kewl my hawt paws off in the creek.  I woz not allowed in the reservoir coz that be peeples drinking water and nobuddy be allowed in there or they get put in jail or sumpin.
It woz a wonnerful day full of wonnerful seeniks.  We hiked 11.5 miles but it would has been 9.5 miles if'n mom had not made a wrong turn and not noticed until we had gone 1 whole mile afore turning around.  Sigh.  But I want to wish all of your moms a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY and I hope you did sumpin speshull fur your moms today coz we duss has the bestest moms efur wot takes eggsellent care of us!

28 comments:

  1. Wow!

    What a great treat fur your mom!

    I treated my mom to three walks, a nap, AND I made her 500+ blogs disappear from the Googlie Readerie

    Thanks fur sharing your beaWOOOOOtiful hike!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooo Shawnee! What a beautiful way to spend mother's day! Thanks for the bwoootiful seeniks!

    RA & Isis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawnee,

    There you are on top of the world again! I just love your Sunday night hike posts. They always brighten my mom's Sunday night/oh no I have to go back to work tomorrow grumpy mood.

    And I think you are right, Frankie would really like that bulldozer!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those iz some grate seenix Shawnee, espeshlly wiv dat huj clowd ahind you. You gave your mom a rilly nice Mother's Day wiv dat hike an not making her clime up dat tower. *pawhug*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom is soooooooo lucky. what a great mother's day present!
    *woof woof*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very nice Mother's Day present, Shawnee! I bet your Mom was very happy!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great hike! I treated Mommy to wake up calls at 12, 3 and 6 a.m. followed by a 4 hour morning walk complete with multiple runny poop picking ups. What more could she ask?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another bootiful hike, Shawnee! We took our mom for three hikes and let her read lots of bloggies. Please give your mom some extra kisses from us for Mother's Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun hike! You were EVERYWHere!!! Funny, we only think of the Hudson as flowing between NYC & NJ...not in such a beautiful setting as this. We decided that X marks "the spot"!!
    Smooches,
    BabyRD & Hootie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shawnee! Lucky Mum being taken on a hike like that. Beautiful photo's as always, the videos are great too, we lovel following your adventures. Our human said you should have been wearing a hard hat on that machinery - hee hee! Dex & Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fantastic hike! I bet it was great. I wonder, do your legs ever feel like jello after a long long long hike, Shawnee?

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool place for a hike! You are right, it was very scenic, too. I bet my mom would have gone up that fire tower. She'd have had to take a picture to prove she was there.

    I wanted to take her on a hike this weekend, but since we went to Gettysburg last weekend, we had to stay close to home this time. Next weekend, I'm hoping to take her somewhere good to celebrate her birthday!

    Bunny

    P.S. Did your backpack not get clean?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shawnee... you are RIGHT.. I could REALLY use that bully dozer thingy!

    THAT was a wonderful hike you took your mom on. I think it was a super duper Mother's Day pressie. Perfectly suited fur you mom.

    That waterfall video was soooo neat.
    Loved the ANTS.
    So who do I see about getting the bully dozer sent to my hill?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great present for your Mom. I know she really appreciated it. You look as beautiful as ever Shawnee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You went on hike so soon after your 87 million mile hiking adventure?! We would have had to rest up for a couple of weeks :) This is a very beautiful hike, though, and a great present for your Mom! You look like Rin Tin Tin (Rin Tin Tina?) up there on that rock. We probably would've been put in jail 'cause we're sure no one could've kept us out of that water!

    We're so glad you found a Mom to make all your hiking dreams come true, Shawnee! In fact, we were thinking - if you ever decided to make your owner bumper sticker, you should make one that says "BORN TO HIKE"! :)

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a blue blue sky on your hike today - well except for the smog over NYC.

    woof - Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  17. You find da darndest things on your walks! I wonders why theres was a bull dozer, somebuddy must haves furgotten where they put it.

    I hope your mom had a wonderful day!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a great moms day hike,You really do go to some wild places. Love the skeeniks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great thing to do for your mom on Mother's Day - a hike - and such a great park you chose too. You are so sweet Shawnee.

    ReplyDelete
  20. shawnee
    I bet woo could touch that big old cloud that followed u if you climbed that rickety fire tour. What a beautiful walkies. I love waterfalls too. I know your momma loved her day!

    Norwood

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shawnee - you find the weirdest stuffs in the woods, BOL! You have very nice views too! We hope Mum finds a hike for us soon so we can see some view...all we been seeing lately is forest, forest and more forest BOL!

    BTW - I wouldn't sit on that big X fur long, you never know what may land there, bwwwaaahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shawnee - Just wanted to stop by and give an extra special thanks for your birthday greeting to our Dad. He appreciated all the birthday wishes and LOVED your video with your sisfurs!

    AND we were just over at Miss M and Mr. B's and saw your comment on their post today and got all choked up thinking about you being such a scared pup, but glad that you're so happy now. We're sure we've read your story before, but it's still truly amazing to read about your metamorphisis :)

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete
  23. we saw you over Two Pitties, cannot wait to follow your adventures!

    www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Friend! Thank you SO MUCH for your generous donation to my walk-a-thon! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. I promise to send you a picture of me crossing the finish line!

    Thank goodness your mom didn't lose her job! That must have been really scary!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shawnee......you sure knows how to treat your mom good on da Mother's Day!! What a most wonderful hike you two had.

    I especially liked where da X marked da spot where Shawnee sitting!!! BOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful present for your Mom. You are the BEST tour guide. We felt like we was there wif you!!!! We think the "X" was there specially for you to sit -and pose for a pic!! Loved the seeniks too!!!
    Woofs
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just realized that I got behind in reading about your adventures. Oops! Sorry 'bout that. Happy belated Mother's Day to your mom! Those were some pretty, pretty blue skies early in your hike!

    ReplyDelete
  28. As you can see, I'm way behind on reading so I'm just getting to a Mother's Day post! From one dog mom to another - hope your hike was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete